• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Severe WX April 20 - 22nd, 2018 Severe Potential

MichelleH

Reaction score
Foley, AL got hit earlier with reported damage to an RV park, Tom Thumb and Cracker Barrel.

(per the comments on James Spann's Facebook page - damage has not been confirmed)

MichelleH

Reaction score
A tornado crossing AL 59 at Foley just before 3:30 this afternoon... Photo from Melissa Bull - from James Spann's FB page

31120808_10156360799845842_6595057565887889408_n.jpg

MichelleH

Reaction score
Video of the tornado in Ft. Walton Beach earlier today from Leslie Anne Johnson on James Spann's FB page:

Reaction score
Damage from unwarned tornado on Fort Rucker. This wasn't the same storm as the radar screenshot I posted but an earlier storm that came through around 1pm which was just before the warnings started.

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Today seems to have significantly overperformed from what it seemed yesterday, though of course far less of an event than it seemed a week and a half or so beforehand.

bwalk

Reaction score
Taylor Campbell - yesterday in this thread you said, “don’t forget about this threat tomorrow.” (see post #9). Did you see something in the models yesterday that made you think there was going to be a viable threat today? If so, kudos to you, sir. No one else seemed to be paying much attention.
What made you make that statement? Just curious.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a good while since we've have sustained winds and gusts like this in North Alabama. It turned my umbrella into a twizzler, has large branches and foliage in the streets, and some power outages. In Huntsville there's a large section of University Drive (US 72) that's pitch black, no street lights, nothing. I watched a large sign get ripped from a railing and had to swerve to avoid debris on the roads on the way home from work. Thankfully there's not a lot of people on the roads and there hasn't been a large number of car accidents in the area today.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It's been a good while since we've have sustained winds and gusts like this in North Alabama. It turned my umbrella into a twizzler, has large branches and foliage in the streets, and some power outages. In Huntsville there's a large section of University Drive (US 72) that's pitch black, no street lights, nothing. I watched a large sign get ripped from a railing and had to swerve to avoid debris on the roads on the way home from work. Thankfully there's not a lot of people on the roads and there hasn't been a large number of car accidents in the area today.
Just drove home from work and the South Parkway construction is like a bad video game where you have to dodge orange barrels and porta potties.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Just drove home from work and the South Parkway construction is like a bad video game where you have to dodge orange barrels and porta potties.
LOL

Equus

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storm survey confirmation of two brief EF0's in Baldwin, one near Elberta and one in Foley. About a mile from mom's apartment, actually. Had some injuries in an RV park and required extrication according to news reports.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Storm survey confirmation of two brief EF0's in Baldwin, one near Elberta and one in Foley. About a mile from mom's apartment, actually. Had some injuries in an RV park and required extrication according to news reports.
Glad to hear your mom is okay! Hope everyone else is as well.

Back