• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Anyone else using USPS Informed Delivery?

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some may be shocked to know that the USPS photographs your mail everyday. :eek: The good news is they are willing to share the images with you via a morning e-mail so that you can make that mental decision of going to the mailbox or not. The service is called Informed Delivery and I've been using it for about a month now. I'm actually a fan of it because you can see if you have something important waiting in the mailbox. It also has a feature that UPS has had for several years that will let you know when you are getting a package as well.

There are some limitations such as large mail pieces aren't photographed and I've noticed some locally routed mail (Huntsville to Huntsville) doesn't seem to get photographed either.

Anyone else using the service?

https://informeddelivery.usps.com

Reaction score
I've been using it for about a year now. Very useful service as it means not going to the mailbox only to find junk mail. I imagine it's awesome for anyone with mobility issues.

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I have been using informed delivery for a long time now. It's very useful in telling you what is coming to your mailbox. It even informs you when packages you order online will be delivered that day. It does not work for things like those coupons you get in the mail, but it's very useful.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
I started using Informed Delivery when it was first introduced. It's not perfect, but it is very helpful. As far as your concern about the USPS photographing your mail, the more concerning part is the fact that I sometimes receive pictures of other people's mail. Apparently, a couple of items occasionally get stuck together and I will end up with a picture of my mail with someone else's mail stuck to the front of it.

Lori

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I didn’t know about this service but my husband is going to LOVE it!!

Back