• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

AL.com Closes Down Comments on Articles

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Well Al.com announced that they are shutting down comments on their articles. I can't say I blame them. It has always felt like they didn't have enough moderation and things just ran out of control at times. There is an interesting stat in the article they posted that I wanted to share....

"It’s important to note that very few people contribute the vast majority of comments on the site. Most readers never comment or read the comments. In fact, across our company’s websites, which serve 50 million unique visitors in an average month, just 2,340 people produce more than half of the comments. A tiny fraction of AL.com’s 12 million monthly visitors ever leave a comment. "

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
More and more sites are disabling comments all together. And I can't blame them, since a lot of the comments are hateful and serve no real purpose. I guess the days of commenting on articles is moving to Facebook and Twitter.

Back