• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

2024 Mobile Network Outage

Is your mobile phone service working?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a mobile phone?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
In an unexpected twist, the nationwide mobile carrier outage has left many of us rediscovering the ancient art of actually talking to people around us—shocking, I know! Picture this: streets filled with confused souls, holding their smartphones up to the sky, hoping for a signal from the gods of connectivity. Meanwhile, the rumor mill churns out tales of solar flares and shadowy cyber villains, but let's face it, the real villain here might just be our own addiction to constant connectivity. As we navigate this digital desert, let's not forget the timeless art of conversation, carrier pigeons for those important messages, and perhaps dusting off those old landlines. Who knew the path back to the future would look so retro? For now this will be in the Space forum while I create the tin/foil hat forum.

Bounty Hunter Dog GIF by DefyTV

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wow AT&T's hardened FirstNet seems to have recovered quickly....

1708619376442.png

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Never noticed any disruptions to my service because to be honest, it sucks regardless. That's what living in a rural area will do to your cell service often times. Hence it's faster and makes more sense in my situation to use a computer to connect to the Internet... wait, an actual DESKTOP COMPUTER? Somebody call NASA...

Not to mention my work phone (a Kyocera flip phone) has now taken over all of my lost iPhone's duties.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Speaking of which... I've previously gotten a laptop running Windows 95 to connect to the internet wirelessly, can't wait to get these bad boys hooked up to the cyberwebz too!
KIMG0108.JPG

• Admin

WesL

Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Duuuude are you into "vintage" electronics too?? That will be awesome.

Back