• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2021 TW NCAA College Basketball Bracket Challenge

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Welcome one and all to our 2021 TalkWather NCAA College Basketball Bracket Challenge. Avoiding saying anything about how madness seems to occur in the month of March :) This year we are happy to present that we have a sponsor for our bracket challenge! TalkWeather's sister site, HostSDG and my personal craft business, Lyons Provisions Ltd, are providing handsome prizes for our top 2 winners.

The bracket winner, as determined by CBSSports, will receive a $100 gift certificate to one of the sites below.
Runner up will win a $50 gift certificate to one of the sites below.

HostSDG - The official hosting provider of TalkWeather, provides shared hosting for personal or business websites. *for hosting services only, excludes domain or additional third-party services.

Lyons Provisions Ltd - a brand new custom gift store offering glass desk nameplates, monogrammed signs, and gift boxes. The perfect gift site for any celebration.
No exclusions. Shipping is included, tax must be paid by the winner.
https://lyonsprovisions.com <-- Opening on 3/20/2021

Here are the rules for this year....
In order to win, you must be a TalkWeather registered member.
Admins and Moderators are welcome to enter and have a chance of winning.. only one person is not eligible to win... me
Each participant may submit up to 4 brackets
CBSSports is the official host of our bracket challenge and you must accept their rules and final judgment to participate

SCORING
ROUND​
1ST​
2ND​
SWEET 16®​
ELITE 8®​
FINAL 4®​
FINAL GAME​
Weight per each correct pick​
1pt​
2pts​
4pts​
8pts​
16pts​
32pts​

Ready to submit your brackets?!?
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Just in case anyone was wondering, no TalkWeather funds are being used for this promotion.

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This is still open, create a bracket and join the fun :)

barcncpt44

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm in, hope i'm right

Evan

Reaction score
I'm in mainly so I can enjoy picking Bama to lose.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Great run by Bama BB Team! SEC Champs and Sweet 16! Fell apart at the FT line tonight and poor ball handling caused too many TOs compared to UCLA. Exciting shot to send us to OT. Good season

Evan

Reaction score
Seems like the bracket contest might come down to the wire. Jacob and I have identical Final Fours but different champions. No saying we're the only two left with a chance to win, but I think we have the highest potential max points left.

Jacob

Reaction score
Seems like the bracket contest might come down to the wire. Jacob and I have identical Final Fours but different champions. No saying we're the only two left with a chance to win, but I think we have the highest potential max points left.

Looks like we are down to 3 with a possible chance to win it. Me, you, and Jeremy (sorry, not sure which member this is). The championship game is actually irrelevant when it comes to determining the winner at this point.

If my math is correct, the only scenarios are:

Houston advances: I win regardless of Gonzaga/UCLA
Baylor advances: Jeremy wins if Gonzaga advances, Evan wins if UCLA advances

I'd think the highest odds would be on Jeremy to win, Gonzaga and Baylor are both pretty heavy favorites.

Also I can't lose to the Jacob 2 bracket, which was the most important one for me to beat in this challenge. :D

Jacob

Reaction score
Looks like we are down to 3 with a possible chance to win it. Me, you, and Jeremy (sorry, not sure which member this is). The championship game is actually irrelevant when it comes to determining the winner at this point.

If my math is correct, the only scenarios are:

Houston advances: I win regardless of Gonzaga/UCLA
Baylor advances: Jeremy wins if Gonzaga advances, Evan wins if UCLA advances

I'd think the highest odds would be on Jeremy to win, Gonzaga and Baylor are both pretty heavy favorites.

Also I can't lose to the Jacob 2 bracket, which was the most important one for me to beat in this challenge. :D

Well poop

Back