• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2020 TalkWeather Theme and Member Ad-Free Upgrade

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Greetings TalkWeather Members,

Tonight we rolled out several updates to the site including launching our 2020 TalkWeather theme. This new theme has several features including larger font and easier to read layout. It is a dark theme so it should be easy on the eyes as well. However, we fully understand that some people like the classic look of TalkWeather so you are welcome to change your default theme to our TalkWeather Classic or TalkWeather 2019 theme as well. You can adjust your theme selections by visiting https://talkweather.com/misc/style or clicking the TalkWeather 2020 link at the bottom left side of any page on the forum. Then just choose the theme of your choice.
1580190378942.png

For all our members we are rolling out a special sustaining member program. For a recurring monthly charge of $5.00 you will become a TalkWeather Supporter. This will include a special "2020 Supporter" banner on each post you make and if you are not a charter member, you will enjoy an ad-free experience when you are logged into TalkWeather. While $5.00 doesn't seem like a lot it helps us ensure that we keep the site online with robust scalable hosting, nightly backups and software support.
If you are interested in signing up visit https://talkweather.com/account/upgrades to purchase your upgrade. The first 50 people to upgrade their account will receive one of our TW destination stickers as a special thank you.

1580190924918.png

You may cancel at any time and your account will be automatically downgraded. All transactions are handled by our secure payment processor Stripe.

Last edited:

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Love the dark theme! I prefer dark themes though. Every device I own and site I go to is dark themed if it's available lol. Thanks for this it is great to have options!

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Love the dark theme! I prefer dark themes though. Every device I own and site I go to is dark themed if it's available lol. Thanks for this it is great to have options!
@Peter Griffin I'm glad you like it. I've been testing it for a few weeks and I've become a fan of it as well. I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea but I've noticed that using the dark settings on a lot of my applications and devices has helped cut down on headaches and eye strain. Curious to hear what everyone thinks.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I use dark theme on everything that supports it, I'm glad that we have it now. Thanks Wes!

Back