• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019-2020 Basketball Season

Jacob

Reaction score
His stat line may not show it every night (though it obviously did last night), but he's the real MVP on this team. With him in the lineup this team doesn't drop home games to Arkansas and Tennessee.

Speaking of those two losses, it's a real shame that Bama lost those with Herb out because they would be a virtual lock for the tournament currently with those two wins. As it stands, Bama's still got some work to do. Can't lose any of the 3 home games remaining (Texas A&M, South Carolina, Vanderbilt) and need to win 1 road game (Ole Miss, Miss State, Missouri). Not an impossible task, but certainly not an easy one for this team either.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Speaking of those two losses, it's a real shame that Bama lost those with Herb out because they would be a virtual lock for the tournament currently with those two wins. As it stands, Bama's still got some work to do. Can't lose any of the 3 home games remaining (Texas A&M, South Carolina, Vanderbilt) and need to win 1 road game (Ole Miss, Miss State, Missouri). Not an impossible task, but certainly not an easy one for this team either.

They need to do what you said then make it to Saturday in the conference tournament. Do that and they have a chance.

Jacob

Reaction score
They need to do what you said then make it to Saturday in the conference tournament. Do that and they have a chance.

I think if they do what I said, they could lose first round in the conference tournament and still get in (barely). Conference tournament results really don't affect the committee as much as they get credit for.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
closing out 4-2 would make them 18-13 with a 10-8 conference record. A first round knockout drops them 1o 18-14. They do have some analytics in their favor, but I would like to see them win at least one tournament game at the very least. Getting to Saturday gets them to that magical 20 win number.

Of course, if they don't finish strong it won't matter, short of a tournament championship. Whatever they do, just don't collapse to the point where they have to play on Wednesday.

Jacob

Reaction score
closing out 4-2 would make them 18-13 with a 10-8 conference record. A first round knockout drops them 1o 18-14. They do have some analytics in their favor, but I would like to see them win at least one tournament game at the very least. Getting to Saturday gets them to that magical 20 win number.

Of course, if they don't finish strong it won't matter, short of a tournament championship. Whatever they do, just don't collapse to the point where they have to play on Wednesday.

I just think getting to 18-13 in the regular season will be enough given the analytics. Current NET ranking is 36 with an SOS of 5.

Teamrankings.com Bracketology Projection gives Alabama a 95% chance to make the tournament with 18 wins, and a 99% chance with 19 wins.

I guess first things first though, we need to see this team play well against A&M Wednesday coming off a big win.

Jacob

Reaction score
Kira Lewis has to be the nation's absolute "worst" good player in crunch time. If he was clutch, this team might have 3-4 more wins this season.

Some players just have that "it" factor when it matters. He's whatever the exact opposite of that is.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
NIT again. Fun.

Kory

Reaction score
The names on the jerseys change, coaches come and go, and adversaries strengthen. The only thing that remains constant is Alabama basketball’s ability to perpetually win games we shouldn’t and lose games we absolutely shouldn’t.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer a team that will crash the boards like their lives depended on every rebound and play tough aggressive defense over a 3 pt show, but that's just me

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe Alabama basketball is just purgatory for college basketball coaches. e.g. The Dayton Flyers this year are 24-2 with the 2 losses coming in close overtime games. They are undefeated in their conference and ranked #5 in the National polls. Their head coach is Anthony Grant

Kory

Reaction score
Or maybe Alabama basketball is just purgatory for college basketball coaches. e.g. The Dayton Flyers this year are 24-2 with the 2 losses coming in close overtime games. They are undefeated in their conference and ranked #5 in the National polls. Their head coach is Anthony Grant
I swear up and down it is Coleman Coliseum. We’ve literally changed out everything possible and still getting same results.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
And Bama blows out Ole Miss on the road last night. Jekyll and Hyde much?

I would like to think this makes up for the aTm game, but in reality this was the road game they were going to need anyway.
Aggies beat MSU, too. Bursting bubbles all week long.

Jacob

Reaction score
I would like to think this makes up for the aTm game, but in reality this was the road game they were going to need anyway.
Aggies beat MSU, too. Bursting bubbles all week long.

A win tonight, for better or worse, climbs Bama back onto the bubble. Would be a Q1 win as well, and Bama has 0 of those on the road this year.

If Bama wins tonight, that just all but assures a 2nd half collapse against South Carolina on Saturday.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
A win tonight, for better or worse, climbs Bama back onto the bubble. Would be a Q1 win as well, and Bama has 0 of those on the road this year.

If Bama wins tonight, that just all but assures a 2nd half collapse against South Carolina on Saturday.
If Bama wins tonight, there will be a revolt in Starkville.

Back