• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2019-2020 Basketball Season

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Bama opens with a stinging 81-80 loss, missing 2 free throws with 2 seconds left.

This loss could be especially bad come March.

BUT THEY PLAYED FASTER!

warneagle

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I got to go to the Auburn-Davidson game in Annapolis on Friday. My first Auburn basketball game since my senior year in 20(indecipherable mumbling) when we were terrible. Annapolis is a nice little town and the drive isn’t bad once you escape DC traffic. The USNA campus is awesome too.

As far as the the team goes, I think it’s pretty clear this is a rebuilding year. I don’t think we have enough shooters to really play the way we want, so we’re going to have to rely on Wiley more until the freshmen start to develop and that’s been kind of a mixed bag so far. I still think we can be a second-weekend tournament team if the pieces come together. Our OOC schedule is really weak aside from NC State and Iowa State so we should have some time to jell before SEC play.

• Admin

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Auburn is now 15-1.

impressive!

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Last night was an amazing night in college basketball. Kentucky and USC down to the line (Go Gamecocks) and Alabama putting the dump on Auburn. That always feels good.

Kory

Reaction score
Last night was an amazing night in college basketball. Kentucky and USC down to the line (Go Gamecocks) and Alabama putting the dump on Auburn. That always feels good.
I was at the game last night. What an atmosphere.

Nate Oats agrees.

Jacob

Reaction score
Despite the early struggles, if the NCAA tournament started today, Bama's likely in the field. NET ranking of 42, Kenpom of 43, and Sagarin of 32. Seems like the team has really bought in to the new coach's system.

Kory

Reaction score
Despite the early struggles, if the NCAA tournament started today, Bama's likely in the field. NET ranking of 42, Kenpom of 43, and Sagarin of 32. Seems like the team has really bought in to the new coach's system.
It’s refreshing to see an offense like this. I feel like Anthony Grant wanted to run an offense like this but was afraid to with the players he had thus wouldn’t get the future players he wanted to do so. Oats...not so much.

Jacob

Reaction score
It’s refreshing to see an offense like this. I feel like Anthony Grant wanted to run an offense like this but was afraid to with the players he had thus wouldn’t get the future players he wanted to do so. Oats...not so much.

Grant and Johnson both talked like they were going to run an up-tempo offense, but neither ever did.

Biggest change from last year to this year (other than the pace of play) is simply that the team gives effort all game. Johnson never demanded it from his players the way that Oats does.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Bama takes Aub to OT but falls by 4. Aub shoots 39 FTs and the Tide only 16

Jacob

Reaction score
Bama takes Aub to OT but falls by 4. Aub shoots 39 FTs and the Tide only 16

AU got some typical home cooking, particularly early-mid 2nd half, but there's going to be a free throw discrepancy when you shoot 59 threes like Bama did.

Kory

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that we exchange a football trophy at a basketball game? Like, basketball is a stand-alone game...why drag football into it?

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that we exchange a football trophy at a basketball game? Like, basketball is a stand-alone game...why drag football into it?

It's a stupid tradition and i wish the SGA would have punted again. Trophies need to be taken on the field after the game.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Herb Freaking Jones, ladies and gentlemen!

Jacob

Reaction score
Herb Freaking Jones, ladies and gentlemen!

His stat line may not show it every night (though it obviously did last night), but he's the real MVP on this team. With him in the lineup this team doesn't drop home games to Arkansas and Tennessee.

Back