• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
What is the original purpose and point of executive privilege? That's an honest question.

It seems to me that executive privilege is being used to diminish the ability of government to carry out checks and balances.

In my own words:

Executive Privilege is a tool to ensure the separation of powers are instituted as prescribed by Article II of the Constitution. Not one branch is to be more powerful than the other and their are to be checks and balances. So if Congress requests information from the President, and he uses his executive privilege then the supreme court can agree or disagree with him. It is like this. If the any two branches of Government disagree on any one thing, the third branch can side with either of the two branches to be the deciding vote.

So in actuality the executive privilege is being used to ensure the checks and balances continue.

gangstonc

Reaction score
In my own words:

Executive Privilege is a tool to ensure the separation of powers are instituted as prescribed by Article II of the Constitution. Not one branch is to be more powerful than the other and their are to be checks and balances. So if Congress requests information from the President, and he uses his executive privilege then the supreme court can agree or disagree with him. It is like this. If the any two branches of Government disagree on any one thing, the third branch can side with either of the two branches to be the deciding vote.

So in actuality the executive privilege is being used to ensure the checks and balances continue.
Executive privilege is fine. But that doesn’t mean documents should be blocked and these guys shouldn’t testify at all. There are certain questions they don’t have to answer.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Executive privilege is fine. But that doesn’t mean documents should be blocked and these guys shouldn’t testify at all. There are certain questions they don’t have to answer.

Gangstonc. That is purely your opinion. Like i posted above. House of Representatives don't like it, take it to the supreme court.

Reaction score
The IG report today concluded the Russia investigation was in fact not a witch hunt.

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page."

"Finally, we also found no documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivations influenced the FBI's decision to use CHSs or UCEs to interact with Trump campaign officials in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation."

"These officials, though, did not become aware of Steele's election reporting until weeks laterand we therefore determined that Steele's reports played no role in the Crossfire Hurricane opening."

"In this review, we found that, while Lisa Page attended some of the discussions regarding the opening of the investigations, she did not play a role in the decision to open Crossfire Hurricane or the four individual cases. We further found that while Strzok was directly involved in the decisions to open Crossfire Hurricane and the four individual cases, he was not the sole, or even the highest-level, decision maker as to any of those matters."

"We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. We similarly found that, while the formal documentation opening each of the four individual investigations was approved by Strzok (as required by the DIOG), the decisions to do so were reached by a consensus among the Crossfire Hurricane agents and analysts who identified individuals associated with the Trump campaign who had recently traveled to Russia or had other alleged ties to Russia. Priestap was involved in these decisions. We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations."

I wonder what the Matt's of the world will say about it.

I assume he has been banned as I have not seen him post in a while. However, I beg to disagree. The IG report was bad for the FBI and many others. Comey should be interviewing defense lawyers. Many of these people should. Seventeen errors all in favor of Clinton. And that is not bias. This is the beginning. Barr and Durham's investigations will lead to indictments and people going to jail.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
I assume he has been banned as I have not seen him post in a while. However, I beg to disagree. The IG report was bad for the FBI and many others. Comey should be interviewing defense lawyers. Many of these people should. Seventeen errors all in favor of Clinton. And hat is not bias. This is the beginning. Barr and Durham's investigations will lead to indictments and people going to jail.

LOL. Just like Q said, right?

Reaction score
LOL. Just like Q said, right?

Just opining. I have been a member of this forum for one day. First post and you ridicule and dismiss it. Are you that insecure and unsure of your beliefs that you react in such a way ? Don't want to get off to a bad start here but just wondering about your motives. It's Christmas, let's all get along.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Just opining. I have been a member of this forum for one day. First post and you ridicule and dismiss it. Are you that insecure and unsure of your beliefs that you react in such a way ? Are you that small minded ? Don't want to get off to a bad start here but just wondering about your motives. It's Christmas, let's all get along.
Why did you wait so long to join?

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Just opining. I have been a member of this forum for one day. First post and you ridicule and dismiss it. Are you that insecure and unsure of your beliefs that you react in such a way ? Don't want to get off to a bad start here but just wondering about your motives. It's Christmas, let's all get along.
Sometimes in this thread you have comments with give and take discourse. Sometimes comments in this thread are laden with sarcasm. If you are going to hang around in here you might as well get used to it because that is sometimes how we roll. Just as long as there are no personal insults.

Kory

Reaction score
Yes, communism will fix climate change because everyone will starve to death and thus no more people! This is why no one takes scientists seriously because the left grasps onto it to push an ideology.

it’s not like China has this or anything!

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to Talkweather! (No sarcasm)

The political subforum is ripe with debate like ghost mentioned, please don't let it subvert you. Aside from the civil weather discussions, the political side of things can get a bit tangy. Be prepared for dissenting, condescending or facetious responses.
Although we definitely prefer respectful evidence based discussions.

Reaction score

Trump needs to learn that he does not know more about everything. He should have left this situation alone.

I'm torn on this one. How many times can we deploy warriors with B.S. rules of engagement, having them see and experience the horrors of war and not to expect a behavioral change ? While being judged by NCIS who has not gotten their money maker of a desk chair in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back