• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
More evidence that Mueller is a dirty cop and a RAT!

Evan

Reaction score

Are you serious, Matt? The New American? You know what who runs that site/magazine, right? The freaking John Birch Society. I remember their printed magazine from the late 90s. All the conspiracy theories and insane nuttery that that could be found. Are you not aware of who they are?

Kory

Reaction score
The wave of anti-abortion bills continues with Missouri green lighting a bill as strict as Alabama’s. SCOTUS is going to have to respond.

Kory

Reaction score
Don’t worry, Libs. We aren’t coming after your abortions. We just want “common sense” abortion control.

Think of the children!

Daryl

Reaction score
Don’t worry, Libs. We aren’t coming after your abortions. We just want “common sense” abortion control.

Think of the children!

I'm not good with a young girl who is raped by her father being forced to carry his baby.That's not thinking about that child or using "common sense."

Kory

Reaction score
I'm not good with a young girl who is raped by her father being forced to carry his baby.That's not thinking about that child or using "common sense."
I’m highlighting the incredible hypocrisy of Leftists who are all of a sudden incredibly defensive of the Constitution. But when it comes to EXPLICITLY enumerated rights, meh, who cares? Take them away!

While on the topic, why is “rape and incest” the default argument for abortion exemptions? What percentage of abortions are due to rape and incest? Are the children conceived during rape and incest less worthy of protection? I’m just curious since that seems to throw people into a frenzy.

I think Evan summed up my thoughts quite well. Rape is an abhorrent act.

First off, rape is a horrific act of violence and I feel nothing but shock and sorrow for victims of such an unspeakably cruel and degrading act. Our government and society does not provide enough care, resources and support to rape victims, and that should be something we should all demand more of. But should one act of violence justify continuing the cycle and making an innocent life an additional victim of violence? That's really the question here.

Arcadia

Reaction score

There is another person in this equation. The baby. This violent act resulted in the conception of a human life. I am not good with telling the second victim in this violent act (because there are TWO victims here) that, sorry.... because your father is a monster, you do not deserve to live. Talk about blaming the victim. How one is conceived does not determine the worth of a human life. Either you believe life begins at conception and that life should be protected and is of value or you don't. Pro-life is pro-life.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Quite often, people do not come to terms with the fact that they were sexually assaulted by a family member until years later. Given that, should a woman be allowed to kill her 10 year old son because she realized that he was the product of incest and rape? If so, I applaud your consistency. If not, then you don’t see the unborn as a human and that explains your stance.

By the way, good job going for the holy grail of rape AND incest in the same victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back