• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
That is your opinion. I happen to be quite fond of our president.
You don't think he lies as much as Obama?

This successful trade war has already cost us 27 billion to bail out the farmers, not to mention the cost to consumers. I thought healthcare was an easy fix?

"There's many different ways, by the way. Everybody's got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, 'No, no, the lower 25 percent that can't afford private'… I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now … the government's gonna pay for it. But we're going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it's going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything."

“The longer I’m behind this desk and you have Obamacare, the more I would own it.”

"I think we’re probably in that position where we’ll let Obamacare fail. We’re not going to own it. I’m not going to own it. I can tell you, the Republicans are not going to own it.”

I think those last two quotes are extra special.

Jacob

Reaction score
Obama's lies cost folks a lot of money and brought the quality of healthcare down. Yes, technically people had insurance but because the premiums and deductibles were so high people could not afford to actually use their insurance. He also weaponized the FBI and DOJ to spy on political opponents. His IRS targeted conservative groups and denied them 501c3 ststus for years. Yep, one helluva guy!

....um, ok?

Matt

Reaction score
Trump lied about healthcare, just like Obama.

Had the Republicans that ran on "repeal and replace" would have done so HC would be in a better place than it is now. Still better now that the Individual Mandate has been legislatively done away with.

Evan

Reaction score
I don’t understand New Zealand’s domestic policy of giving into terrorists and their demands.

You ought to. It's similar to how the GOP has given into Trump and provides him cover. In both cases the afflicted party hopes to avoid being attacked by giving in to the unrealistic and unpopular demands of a person/people that will eventually throw them under the bus and betray them.

Evan

Reaction score
I don't see what an Obama lie has to do with a Trump lie.

A spade is a spade, regardless of political party.

I have hope that the under 40 generation of Americans understands this better than previous generations. But, I also know that older generations tend to be more partisan than younger generations, so I guess I'm I don't want to get my hopes up too much just yet.

Until Ivey vetos it. Just a rumor, but I've heard she might demand a bill with more exceptions. Hope that isn't the case. I have strong doubts SCOTUS will take a case and overturn Roe anytime soon, but anything that accelerates that possibility is a good thing. One day history will realize how truly barbaric abortion really is.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
One day history will realize how truly barbaric abortion really is.
Doubt it. The newest generation, from my experience, isn't big on legislation restricting the rights of women and families. And that's how they see it. If you oppose abortion, good for you don't do it. Otherwise there's as many or more pro choicers than pro lifers, and the greater trend hasn't been towards more pro lifers.

Democratic state Sen. Vivian Figures told Chambliss that a rape victim's trauma "is not your business."
"You don't have to raise that child, you don't have to carry that child, you don't have to provide for that child, you don't have to do anything for that child," she told Chambliss. "But yet you want to make that decision for that woman, that that's what she has to do."

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
Doubt it. The newest generation, from my experience, isn't big on legislation restricting the rights of women and families. And that's how they see it. If you oppose abortion, good for you don't do it. Otherwise there's as many or more pro choicers than pro lifers, and the greater trend hasn't been towards more pro lifers.
This is my experience as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back