• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
In an impeachment proceeding, yes. If Articles of Impeachment were brought it would be up to the House to indict the President and then he would be judged by the Senate.

Here, an obstruction of justice indictment would be for an actual criminal proceeding. Seeking an indictment and charging someone with obstruction of justice is done by DOJ prosecutors.
That’s what we are looking at. Reno didn’t make an obstruction call on Clinton, Richardson didn’t on Nixon. Barr is acting out of precedent.

Matt

Reaction score
I wonder if the full time obsession on collusion had any affect on the mid term elections ? In kind contributions to the democrats perhaps ? Trump should demand equal time for the next two years on those outlets that pushed the narrative without proof.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I wonder if the full time obsession on collusion had any affect on the mid term elections ? In kind contributions to the democrats perhaps ? Trump should demand equal time for the next two years on those outlets that pushed the narrative without proof.
I think it’s a negative for the democrats. They are so focused on trump that they have no plan or agenda other than to try to block what he is doing. They are flailing.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
This guy writes for one of the most conservative outlets in all of American media - Rolling Stone magazine

Arcadia

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about this and I don’t understand it. Did he issue a statement?

Yes, he did. Why couldn't you find it? It was right there in the CNN story that was there last night. I don't know the specifics of Schumer's resolution. I don't have time to go looking right now. If he was calling to have the report released right away, then this makes sense. This response sounds like the language in the resolution may have been problematic. Politicians like to play with words. But you wanted to know if he issued a statement. It wasn't hard to find.

"It's not unreasonable to give the special counsel and the Justice Department just a little time to complete their review in a professional and responsible manner," McConnell said on the Senate floor. "Remember, as I said earlier, we're likely dealing here with potential other prosecutions, classified information, damaging people's reputation. There's no evidence that the attorney general is not going to produce as much information as possible for all of us, and that's why I objected. I think it's a reasonable thing to do."

gangstonc

Reaction score
Yes, he did. Why couldn't you find it? It was right there in the CNN story that was there last night. I don't know the specifics of Schumer's resolution. I don't have time to go looking right now. If he was calling to have the report released right away, then this makes sense. This response sounds like the language in the resolution may have been problematic. Politicians like to play with words. But you wanted to know if he issued a statement. It wasn't hard to find.

"It's not unreasonable to give the special counsel and the Justice Department just a little time to complete their review in a professional and responsible manner," McConnell said on the Senate floor. "Remember, as I said earlier, we're likely dealing here with potential other prosecutions, classified information, damaging people's reputation. There's no evidence that the attorney general is not going to produce as much information as possible for all of us, and that's why I objected. I think it's a reasonable thing to do."
I agree with him. It is reasonable. Releasing the full report could cause grave danger to some of our intelligence people.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It's important to keep in mind that the special council investigation is not just a giant document that is stored on a few encrypted computers..processing and wording all of the councils investigation takes a lot of time and resources. There's a summary made by Mueller (the report) and one would assume it has minimal depth as to revealing huge security risk.. but short enough to be easily vetted for filter before release. It would be nice if both sides could agree to release a very large part of the information that redacts anything threatening national security, safety, etc.. a large dump of documents/information that would appease Democrats as it's too lengthy to personally read and redacted enough that it protects information that would cause national harm. I just don't understand why there can't be any middle ground between Democrats and Republicans on this.

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Mueller: "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonarate him "
Trump: "It was a complete and total exonaration"

Hmm... Remind me again why I hate Trump??? Oh yeah, he's a manipulative self absorbed authoritarian who doesn't share the same interests as the average populous, chronically lies and doesn't display the characteristics of an adult who can take any responsibility for their actions.
I've never said Trump was a Russian colluder and I don't watch MSNBC or CNN, I've just had enough sense to realize he's not a good representative of our great country. The Mueller/Barr report might be vindication to Matt and other extremists (who are oblivious of their bias) but it sure don't convince me to like Trump any more than I already do. Not being guilty of being a Russian asset is a very low bar.

Arcadia

Reaction score
Mueller: "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonarate him "

Hmm... Remind me again why I hate Trump??? Oh yeah, he's a manipulative self absorbed authoritarian who doesn't share the same interests as the average populous, chronically lies and doesn't display the characteristics of an adult who can take any responsibility for their actions.
I've never said Trump was a Russian colluder and I don't watch MSNBC or CNN, I've just had enough sense to realize he's not a good representative of our great country. The Mueller/Barr report might be vindication to Matt and other extremists (who are oblivious of their bias) but it sure don't convince me to like Trump any more than I already do. Not being guilty of being a Russian asset is a very low bar.

Again, that quote was talking about obstruction and whether or not Trump was guilty of it. The report (according to Barr's summary) did exonerate Trump of collusion. Trump's quote in response to the report is true. Truer than the media's reporting over the last two years.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Again, that quote was talking about obstruction and whether or not Trump was guilty of it. The report (according to Barr's summary) did exonerate Trump of collusion. Trump's quote in response to the report is true. Truer than the media's reporting over the last two years.
Oh right, I forgot Trump had added an imagery asterisk that "complete and total exonaration" only refers to collision and not obstruction, even though he mentioned both before the quote.

"It's complete exonaration, no collusion, no obstruction"

Matt

Reaction score

That was an unethical statement by Mueller. His job is to investigate and either bring charges or not.

Arcadia

Reaction score
Alright. Trump is the scum of the earth. Maybe the media and the liberals and the Democrats can hang him on obstruction then since they couldn't get him on collusion. The rest of us will just get on with our lives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back