• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Another lie. Most of the ads by the Russians were placed after the election. The Russians did not change one vote!
Sigh.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjNmaSn1o7hAhWFdd8KHYyWBZAQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/politics/russia-2016-election-facebook.html&psig=AOvVaw3ZMsdjfBO6VjSggzFhlKFp&ust=1553101022595913

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...russians-accused-election-meddling/602319002/

Where do you get your info? The ads were release by Congress.

You can take back your ‘lie’ statement now.

Last edited:

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
The constant attacks on John McCain are getting old. Leave it alone, Donald.
He's a coward picking on and insulting a dead American POW when he got rich daddy to buy his way out of serving. Is it a mental illness? Extreme immaturity? Or just his character of being rich and privileged degrading whoever has had the audacity to stand up to him and show him up?

Kory

Reaction score
Liberals are actually so intelligent and complex, they can have two opinions.

54217369_388518355316320_5062547787963432960_o.jpg

Kory

Reaction score
Beta's hot take on the U.S. Constitution.

"“I’m hesitant to answer it because I really feel like it deserves its due, and I don’t want to give you a — actually, just selfishly, I don’t want a sound bite of it reported, but, yeah, I think that’s the question of the moment: Does this still work?” O’Rourke said. “Can an empire like ours with military presence in over 170 countries around the globe, with trading relationships…and security agreements in every continent, can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4549ad6c754e

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
The US.

But that is a very good and interesting question.

I do not believe that if he lied on an application for a Loan from Deutsche Bank it would be punishable in the U.S. unless they have a branch here in the U.S. It would be easy enough to find if they did. But then you also have to look to see if he signed any documents relevant to United States laws on banking and lending. Germany is a different beast when it comes to laws and I am not smart enough to tell you what they are.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I do not believe that if he lied on an application for a Loan from Deutsche Bank it would be punishable in the U.S. unless they have a branch here in the U.S. It would be easy enough to find if they did. But then you also have to look to see if he signed any documents relevant to United States laws on banking and lending. Germany is a different beast when it comes to laws and I am not smart enough to tell you what they are.
My understanding is that bank fraud committed in the US is bank fraud. It doesn’t matter if it was a German Bank or not.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
My understanding is that bank fraud committed in the US is bank fraud. It doesn’t matter if it was a German Bank or not.
Is this the article you are getting this story from?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/wo...black-hole-of-donald-trumps-us2-billion-loans

If so they are hardly independent minded and even in the Article call Trump their president.

But it's one thing to sacrifice your integrity to stand behind the most corrupt and personally repugnant president we've ever had, and it's another to become a direct party to his misdeeds.

I do not like it when news website makes these kinds of statements. News should be impartial and if they want to report the story I have no issue, but when they impart their opinion on an article that isn't an opinion story, then I have issue with it.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Is this the article you are getting this story from?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/wo...black-hole-of-donald-trumps-us2-billion-loans

If so they are hardly independent minded and even in the Article call Trump their president.

But it's one thing to sacrifice your integrity to stand behind the most corrupt and personally repugnant president we've ever had, and it's another to become a direct party to his misdeeds.

I do not like it when news website makes these kinds of statements. News should be impartial and if they want to report the story I have no issue, but when they impart their opinion on an article that isn't an opinion story, then I have issue with it.
The hill article works. There are several articles that discuss Cohen’s testimony.

Basically inflating your wealth to get loans is fraud.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
The hill article works. There are several articles that discuss Cohen’s testimony.

Basically inflating your wealth to get loans is fraud.

While I do not condone this behavior. The last documented time he did this was in 2014. If they are going to prosecute they better hurry depending on when it occurred. The statute of Limitations is 5 years. All the other instances where well before that time.

gangstonc

Reaction score
While I do not condone this behavior. The last documented time he did this was in 2014. If they are going to prosecute they better hurry depending on when it occurred. The statute of Limitations is 5 years. All the other instances where well before that time.
I’m sure they won’t. It just shows he is a classless liar.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I’m sure they won’t. It just shows he is a classless liar.

Curious. I do not know your position here, but do you believe Hillary and the Clintons are Classless Liars as well?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Curious. I do not know your position here, but do you believe Hillary and the Clintons are Classless Liars as well?
Yup. I think they were some of the best at the pay to play and the womanizing. I believe Trump followed their model and improved upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back