• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
No it’s not. Impeachment does not require a longer investigation. Criminal investigation can go on if needed. Maybe he’ll pull a Nixon and resign before going through it. If half of what you have presented is true and people can testify to it, then the problem isn’t Trump it’s on the house not doing their constitutional duty.
How long was the Watergate investigation? How long was the Clinton investigation?

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
No it’s not. Impeachment does not require a longer investigation. Criminal investigation can go on if needed. Maybe he’ll pull a Nixon and resign before going through it. If half of what you have presented is true and people can testify to it, then the problem isn’t Trump it’s on the house not doing their constitutional duty.
Mueller’s not stupid or inept. There’s a wide field of persons of interest in this investigation and I believe he wants to be thorough and collect as many facts and evidence to come to the right conclusion because of the magnitude of the outcome may be unprecedented.

skelly

Reaction score
Mueller’s not stupid or inept. There’s a wide field of persons of interest in this investigation and I believe he wants to be thorough and collect as many facts and evidence to come to the right conclusion because of the magnitude of the outcome may be unprecedented.

I still believe he’s had long enough.

skelly

Reaction score
S

Do you think he’s just taking his time and delaying things? Why has it been over a year of trump not submitting to an interview?

You know what happened to Clinton when he talked to Ken Starr. You and I aren’t guilty but a prosecutor with over two years to investigate you can come up with a question you don’t want to answer under oath...

skelly

Reaction score
See this goes to my point. Let’s say we know Trump has business and potential business in Russia so let’s assume that he is colluding with them and accuse him of political collusion with the Russians and he’ll get caught lying out of trying to not look bad politically, even though this situation is no evidence of quid pro quo which is supposed to be the reason for the investigation. So yeah if Clinton can sell Russia some quality American Uranium then Trump can buy me some Russian steel and build me a wall dad gum it good nite!

gangstonc

Reaction score
See this goes to my point. Let’s say we know Trump has business and potential business in Russia so let’s assume that he is colluding with them and accuse him of political collusion with the Russians and he’ll get caught lying out of trying to not look bad politically, even though this situation is no evidence of quid pro quo which is supposed to be the reason for the investigation. So yeah if Clinton can sell Russia some quality American Uranium then Trump can buy me some Russian steel and build me a wall dad gum it good nite!
Uranium one.... ok. Read this to the end.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_One_controversy

Last edited:
Reaction score
As much as I despise the Clintons, I am going to leave this here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

I look forward to any evidence to the contrary... and not Stormlover type garbage.

As far as the Mueller investigation is concerned, I do not think many people have a clue how thorough these types of investigations have to be. This is not some ambulance chasing trial looking for a plea deal. This is a multi front investigation with political and national security implications at stake. This is as serious as it gets, and people are looking for a nice easily digestible report. That ain't reality. This makes Watergate look puny. Let's get real here. Political party matters not. Only the truth.

gangstonc

Reaction score
As much as I despise the Clintons, I am going to leave this here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

I look forward to any evidence to the contrary... and not Stormlover type garbage.

As far as the Mueller investigation is concerned, I do not think many people have a clue how thorough these types of investigations have to be. This is not some ambulance chasing trial looking for a plea deal. This is a multi front investigation with political and national security implications at stake. This is as serious as it gets, and people are looking for a nice easily digestible report. That ain't reality. This makes Watergate look puny. Let's get real here. Political party matters not. Only the truth.
I agree with you 100%. I am just not smart enough to put it as well as you did.

skelly

Reaction score
Let's get real here. Political party matters not. Only the truth.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully one day that will be the case it isn’t as of now and hasn’t been for a long time especially in politics.

Kory

Reaction score
Can't wait to see how the media covers the March for Life vs the Women's March this weekend. One is led by youth who desire to see an end to the biggest atrocity in modern day America, where rights are extended in all Americans, and science behind human reproduction is not denied: that life begins at conception and therefore, the unborn are entitled to all rights other American's are given. The other is a declining movement, led by hate (anti-semite Linda Sarsour) and proposes division, discrimination, and is wholly anti-American. The latter seems to fit the media narrative.

It was Bill Clinton who said abortion should be “safe, legal, and rare,” with the last word indicating abortion isn’t something to be celebrated.

Instead, the 2016 [Democratic] platform calls for quite the opposite: the repeal of the Hyde Amendment. Repealing this longstanding amendment to a bill would mean abortions for Medicaid recipients, paid for with taxpayer funds. Forcing Americans to pay for the abortions of others hardly respects conscience rights; it’s a direct assault on them.

How did the Left go from "safe and rare" to let's have an abortion party and it should be legal to kill offspring up until the last trimester? It is in the Democratic platform to support and embrace partial-birth abortion...if y'all don't know how that's done, please read up on it. LOL...America. Land of the free and home of the brave my a$$. Not that the Republicans are any better...most just pay lip service to their base and don't actually do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back