• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump earned his wealth. Most of the pols in D.C. acquired their wealth via corruption, fraud, graft and influence.
Declaring bankruptcy many times and failing to pay contractors for their work helps in acquiring wealth

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Declaring bankruptcy many times and failing to pay contractors for their work helps in acquiring wealth
Oh... and I forgot about the millions Trump’s “University” defrauded from it’s students

gangstonc

Reaction score
The man has made a ton of money. You sound as if you are jealous.
I don’t think he has made a ton of money. I’ve seen no proof. There are plenty of news articles with documentation that detail Trump’s financial struggles, tax cheating, and other schemes.

I’m not jealous of Donald trump. The man has no dignity. He’s a laughing stock of the world. There is no amount of money that could make me want to lose my dignity.

I make more than enough money to be happy.

He certainly doesn’t behave in the manner of a man with true wealth.

Matt

Reaction score
I don’t think he has made a ton of money. I’ve seen no proof. There are plenty of news articles with documentation that detail Trump’s financial struggles, tax cheating, and other schemes.

I’m not jealous of Donald trump. The man has no dignity. He’s a laughing stock of the world. There is no amount of money that could make me want to lose my dignity.

I make more than enough money to be happy.

He certainly doesn’t behave in the manner of a man with true wealth.

Do you fly around(before elected) in a Boeing 737?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Here’s a question for you Matt. If there was nothing illegal about it, why did all 14 members of Trumps team that had contact with Russians lie about it?

Matt

Reaction score
Here’s a question for you Matt. If there was nothing illegal about it, why did all 14 members of Trumps team that had contact with Russians lie about it?

You answer me this. Why are all the investigators involved either fired or removed from their positions ? And tell me why some have been referred for criminal prosecution ?

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
You answer me this. Why are all the investigators involved either fired or removed from their positions ? And tell me why some have been referred for criminal prosecution ?
I was not aware that any were referred for criminal prosecution. I only know of two that were fired. Please educate me. And, if you don’t mind, please answer my question.

Last edited:

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Earned? You mean inherited and then didn’t pay the estate taxes. Have you not noticed all the scandals surrounding Trump and his admin? Not exactly a lack of corruption and fraud.

https://www.revealnews.org/article/...gave-trump-a-beverly-hills-mansion-for-0-why/
I guarantee that he either didn't notice or was exposed to media that simultaneously defended the revelations as well as "reported" on them. Or that he was able to do mental gymnastics to self induce denial about it. There's no question that the Trump family has strategically used loophools to avoid taxes on estates and frequently underpriced assests when it was financially benefitial to do so.

He(Trump) and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents, records and interviews show. Records indicate that Mr. Trump helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more. He also helped formulate a strategy to undervalue his parents’ real estate holdings by hundreds of millions of dollars on tax returns, sharply reducing the tax bill when those properties were transferred to him and his siblings.

The president’s parents, Fred and Mary Trump, transferred well over $1 billion in wealth to their children, which could have produced a tax bill of at least $550 million under the 55 percent tax rate then imposed on gifts and inheritances.

The Trumps paid a total of $52.2 million, or about 5 percent, tax records show.

I guess there's an explanation for that though, isn't there Matt? Whatever it is, I'm sure it helps to strengthen our confidence in the character of our president.

Kory

Reaction score
Can we not have geriatrics continue to run this country into the ground? I could very well see a Biden vs Trump 2020 run. Both will be older than 74...

Matt

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this forum since 2005. I check it at least once a day during hurricane and tornado seasons (the posts are fantastic), and at least once a week all other times for political news. I am very familiar with many regulars' political beliefs and slants. Though I do not agree with some positions taken by people such as Evan, Arcadia, Ghost, Pastor of Muppets, marooned, KoD, and gangstonc, they lay out rational and coherent arguments in almost every post they make. Evan even writes multi-paragraph essays sometimes. They are extremely informative. Kory is a little too taken by the gun issue, but even he is for the most part thoughtful in his posts. This is all to say that these mentioned regular posters show they can be reasoned with and have good and honest discussions... even if I think they are dead wrong on some issues.

Then you have posts like the above. This is writings from a viewpoint that can not longer see the forest from the trees. The koolaid has been consumed, the wrong horse has been bet on, the errant side of history has been defended, and the pride has gotten in the way of the facts. I always skipped Stormlover's posts for the same reasons.

I find value in reading people's opinions on political subjects in between weather seasons who share beliefs different than mine who are able to convey it in a meaningful manner.

Matt, you are just going to have to live with the fact that Trump will go down in as being the worst president in US history. He is also a criminal. That is an indisputable fact by any metric you wish to measure with. I cannot stand Hillary. She represents much of what is wrong with US politics, but Trump has done more damage to our country than she could have ever done. And that fact the Republicans are going along with it only cements their political future with the changing demographics in this country.

I will not get into a debate about this, as the above posters have pointed out your falsehoods and lazy arguments with more patience and politeness than I could ever muster. Debating opposing viewpoints is healthy. Digging in with your head in the sand is not.

Trump has done more in less than two years than barry ever hoped to do.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump has done more in less than two years than barry ever hoped to do.
That doesn't mean much coming from someone who picks and chooses their beliefs without basing them off evidence & facts.
And to put the shoe on the other foot, I can see how you'd think that because you look mostly at Barry's failures and Trump's successes. Whereas I look mostly at Trump's failures and Barry's successes.
Still, you'd have a more convincing argument if you honestly and nonpartisanly listed Obama's first two year achievements then listed Trump's first two year achievements.

Evan

Reaction score
Yesterday, I met up with a group of people from another forum at Hoover Tactical. We had a range day, and one of our members shared many pieces from his full-auto weapons collection with us. Everything from a Browning Automatic Rifle to a SIG MPX, HK MP5, a Saiga automatic shotgun, belt-fed machine gun, etc.

I didn't get to shoot everything as I was trying to zero a new optic, but it really reminded me of how inaccurate full-auto fire is, and how quickly the mag or drum empties. It's easy to forget when you don't shoot full-auto very often.

I bring this up because it reminds me of how outrageous Trump's bump-stock ban really is. It's one of the most direct attacks on our Constitution and rights that I've seen in my lifetime.

What's truly galling is how Trump won't gain anything from this Unconstitutional power grab. There's not a liberal or anti-gun person in the world that will see this as a positive step. And, in the firearm's community, Trump's action on bump-stocks is universally reviled.

It's just further evidence that Trump isn't a master strategist or 33-D chess player. He's craven, egotistical, and ignorant instead, and that's an extremely dangerous combo when combined with Trump's narcissism.

So why is Trump banning bump-stocks? I believe it's because of the influence of Jared and Ivanka, or he's doing so simply because he can. He's too ignorant to understand the issue and he's too narcissistic to listen to experts. Thus, he either listens to Jared/Ivanka or his own uninformed internal voice.

A President making decisions in the context above, and under the aforementioned circumstances, is a danger to all Americans that care about freedom and liberty.

Kory

Reaction score
Yesterday, I met up with a group of people from another forum at Hoover Tactical. We had a range day, and one of our members shared many pieces from his full-auto weapons collection with us. Everything from a Browning Automatic Rifle to a SIG MPX, HK MP5, a Saiga automatic shotgun, belt-fed machine gun, etc.

I didn't get to shoot everything as I was trying to zero a new optic, but it really reminded me of how inaccurate full-auto fire is, and how quickly the mag or drum empties. It's easy to forget when you don't shoot full-auto very often.

I bring this up because it reminds me of how outrageous Trump's bump-stock ban really is. It's one of the most direct attacks on our Constitution and rights that I've seen in my lifetime.

What's truly galling is how Trump won't gain anything from this Unconstitutional power grab. There's not a liberal or anti-gun person in the world that will see this as a positive step. And, in the firearm's community, Trump's action on bump-stocks is universally reviled.

It's just further evidence that Trump isn't a master strategist or 33-D chess player. He's craven, egotistical, and ignorant instead, and that's an extremely dangerous combo when combined with Trump's narcissism.

So why is Trump banning bump-stocks? I believe it's because of the influence of Jared and Ivanka, or he's doing so simply because he can. He's too ignorant to understand the issue and he's too narcissistic to listen to experts. Thus, he either listens to Jared/Ivanka or his own uninformed internal voice.

A President making decisions in the context above, and under the aforementioned circumstances, is a danger to all Americans that care about freedom and liberty.
The man he went on to attack or desired to attack multiple amendments in the Bill of Rights. He seems to enjoy it. Almost desires stripping Americans of their liberties. Matt is right, Trump has done more than Obama has in his 2 years. He's done more to harm the right to bear arms than any president since Clinton...

1st amendment:

2nd amendment:

4th amendment:

gangstonc

Reaction score
You should be aware the IG has referred McCabe and several house and senate committees have sent several as well. You won't know that because CNN and MSNBC don't report these things.
So, you named one. And who are the "all" that are fired?

Also, why did the 14 Trump team members who had contact with Russia lie about it? That was the question I really wanted answered.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trumps defense team has now moved from “no collusion”, to “collusion is not a crime”.

It’s very interesting how Trump’s attacks on Mueller have mimicked Russia’s. And trumps defense has mimicked Russia’s.

Perhaps they are controlling him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back