• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadia

Reaction score
I agree with your sentiment. We should rise above those who disrespect us. But both sides should act in a civil manner. But that is not the case. The left, the MSM are going to try and destroy any Republican president. Just ask GWB how rising above it all helped ? It destroyed his presidency and rendered him useless.

You can defend yourself and remain civil and decent. It takes more resilience and strength to not react in kind when provoked. Something I expect any man who holds the office of Presidency to have. I'm not holding Donald J Trump to a higher standard than I would expect anyone else who owns the title to have. Or maybe I am. Maybe I expect someone who claims to speak on my behalf to think about how he's representing me before he opens his mouth. It's counterproductive to demand respect and then behave disrespectfully. My problem all along with Trump is that his ways, his mannerisms, his demeanor in general, would have a degrading effect on civility in this country. His behavior and attitude during the primaries was indicative of how he would present himself as President. I was not a fan of his style of "debate" then and I'm not a fan of it now. I remain consistent in my criticism. I will not lower my standards of how a man should behave as leader of the free world just because the media loathes him. It's not an excuse to stick out your tongue like a child and tweet out what basically consists of.... your mom wears combat boots and I bet my dad can beat up your dad. He makes it hard to hold even a modicum of respect for him. As a person, I find him distasteful and childish. As a President, unbecoming. He is not a leader. A leader inspires and motivates. A leader has a clear vision, maps a path to that vision, and knows how to encourage people to follow that path. A leader knows how to read people and understand how best to utilize their talents. I've seen none of this from Trump. He can't even do these things from within his own circle. And he's 'leading' a country? He's creating discord and strife. Yes, the media doesn't like him. But let's be honest with ourselves, Trump doesn't like any criticism of any kind. He can dish it out but he can't take it. He is a man-child who has been given a role that far exceeds his abilities. And while I understand his supporters wanting to be supportive, they should stop making excuses for him.

As far as GWB, I respected him. Any man who can hold his head up high in a room full of vultures and not behave in kind is someone who I can respect. And GWB didn't take himself so seriously that he couldn't laugh at himself. He understood he wasn't perfect. And I certainly don't believe his Presidency is destroyed because he chose not to engage in tit for tat with the media. History will be kind to him, I believe. Trump, however, thinks the sun rises and sets and shines on his money maker. His behavior, if he were a Democrat, would be loathed by Trump supporters. And that's the honest truth. Funny, how standards are important, until they're not. We are in a crisis in this country with how we treat one another. A crisis. The left have been lowering standards for decades. But what does our President do when attacked? He tweets like a middle schooler. Brilliant. That takes no skill. No talent. No thought. It's not clever or witty. And it's not brave. It's stupid and childish and his supporters eat it up. Just as they did during the primaries. And civil discourse continues to plummet because those who used to stand on a moral high ground, who finger-wagged at those who sunk to name calling, no longer stand there. Because it's 'their' guy doing it now and that makes it all right. "About time," they say. "Yeah!" they shout. And all I'm thinking is...hypocrites. Both sides. Full of hypocrites. If there is no measure of decency in our leaders...no one to admire and look up to...no one who leads with a moral compass...then what have we gained? People have reduced politics to policy alone. Policy is only part of it. Integrity of the office, respect of the world, used to matter just as much. And I don't mean false respect. I mean actual respect. Obama wasn't respected. And newsflash Trump supporters. Neither is he. And it's his own fault.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
You can defend yourself and remain civil and decent. It takes more resilience and strength to not react in kind when provoked. Something I expect any man who holds the office of Presidency to have. I'm not holding Donald J Trump to a higher standard than I would expect anyone else who owns the title to have. Or maybe I am. Maybe I expect someone who claims to speak on my behalf to think about how he's representing me before he opens his mouth. It's counterproductive to demand respect and then behave disrespectfully. My problem all along with Trump is that his ways, his mannerisms, his demeanor in general, would have a degrading effect on civility in this country. His behavior and attitude during the primaries was indicative of how he would present himself as President. I was not a fan of his style of "debate" then and I'm not a fan of it now. I remain consistent in my criticism. I will not lower my standards of how a man should behave as leader of the free world just because the media loathes him. It's not an excuse to stick out your tongue like a child and tweet out what basically consists of.... your mom wears combat boots and I bet my dad can beat up your dad. He makes it hard to hold even a modicum of respect for him. As a person, I find him distasteful and childish. As a President, unbecoming. He is not a leader. A leader inspires and motivates. A leader has a clear vision, maps a path to that vision, and knows how to encourage people to follow that path. A leader knows how to read people and understand how best to utilize their talents. I've seen none of this from Trump. He can't even do these things from within his own circle. And he's 'leading' a country? He's creating discord and strife. Yes, the media doesn't like him. But let's be honest with ourselves, Trump doesn't like any criticism of any kind. He can dish it out but he can't take it. He is a man-child who has been given a role that far exceeds his abilities. And while I understand his supporters wanting to be supportive, they should stop making excuses for him.

As far as GWB, I respected him. Any man who can hold his head up high in a room full of vultures and not behave in kind is someone who I can respect. And GWB didn't take himself so seriously that he couldn't laugh at himself. He understood he wasn't perfect. And I certainly don't believe his Presidency is destroyed because he chose not to engage in tit for tat with the media. History will be kind to him, I believe. Trump, however, thinks the sun rises and sets and shines on his money maker. His behavior, if he were a Democrat, would be loathed by Trump supporters. And that's the honest truth. Funny, how standards are important, until they're not. We are in a crisis in this country with how we treat one another. A crisis. The left have been lowering standards for decades. But what does our President do when attacked? He tweets like a middle schooler. Brilliant. That takes no skill. No talent. No thought. It's not clever or witty. And it's not brave. It's stupid and childish and his supporters eat it up. Just as they did during the primaries. And civil discourse continues to plummet because those who used to stand on a moral high ground, who finger-wagged at those who sunk to name calling, no longer stand there. Because it's 'their' guy doing it now and that makes it all right. "About time," they say. "Yeah!" they shout. And all I'm thinking is...hypocrites. Both sides. Full of hypocrites. If there is no measure of decency in our leaders...no one to admire and look up to...no one who leads with a moral compass...then what have we gained? People have reduced politics to policy alone. Policy is only part of it. Integrity of the office, respect of the world, used to matter just as much. And I don't mean false respect. I mean actual respect. Obama wasn't respected. And newsflash Trump supporters. Neither is he. And it's his own fault.
You're making this argument with a man whose most frequent criticism of the Obamas (not his only one, just his most frequent) was the size of Michelle's butt.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score

Bravo Arcadia... well stated!

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump wanting to create a cybersecurity pact with Russia??? That seems like Mr. Farmer saying... "Mr. Fox take the keys to my hen house and watch over it while I'm out of town on vacation"

Reactions: KoD

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump wanting to create a cybersecurity pact with Russia??? That seems like Mr. Farmer saying... "Mr. Fox take the keys to my hen house and watch over it while I'm out of town on vacation"
Not a good look for trump given don jr's admission today.

Matt

Reaction score
You're making this argument with a man whose most frequent criticism of the Obamas (not his only one, just his most frequent) was the size of Michelle's butt.

It was yuge! Michelle was fair game as she inserted herself into the political realm.

Matt

Reaction score

Evan

Reaction score
Don Jr. must have brain damage.

Evan

Reaction score
What's funny is Don Jr.'s actions are probably not illegal. But he forwarded an email to Kushner that said this is a Russian Government representative that wants to help the campaign as part of the Russian governments support of Trump for POTUS. At the very least Kushner is obviously 100% guilty of lying on his security clearance disclosure form. Might have gotten away with the Kislyak meeting, but not getting away with a second one.

There's no way to spin this. Manafort and Kushner are in serious trouble. I think Don Jr. is aided by the fact that he's such a moron no one believes he is really worth the time.

Matt

Reaction score
What's funny is Don Jr.'s actions are probably not illegal. But he forwarded an email to Kushner that said this is a Russian Government representative that wants to help the campaign as part of the Russian governments support of Trump for POTUS. At the very least Kushner is obviously 100% guilty of lying on his security clearance disclosure form. Might have gotten away with the Kislyak meeting, but not getting away with a second one.

There's no way to spin this. Manafort and Kushner are in serious trouble. I think Don Jr. is aided by the fact that he's such a moron no one believes he is really worth the time.

Clinton and Obama had staffers get security clearances without filling out a form. I don't see this being as big a deal as you do. It just gives the MSM something to salivate over.

Evan

Reaction score
Clinton and Obama had staffers get security clearances without filling out a form. I don't see this being as big a deal as you do. It just gives the MSM something to salivate over.

I assume you can prove this, right? No that it would even matter...

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It is fascinating to watch how effectively Trump plays the white evangelical Christian with his rhetoric of fear clothed in veiled Patriotism while most of his life has completely been in opposition to the morals and values Evangelicals esteem. I can't imagine how intense the outcry of condemnation and hate would have been directed towards Obama from the WECs had he committed the same perceived immoralities in his life as Trump.

Reactions: KoD

Matt

Reaction score
I assume you can prove this, right? No that it would even matter...

Let me clarify. I should have stated that staffers were getting classified info before their FBI investigations were complete. Dee Dee Myers for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back