• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I love me some tax cuts. But this level of spending is unsustainable.
The main point of the tweet is to show that trump is either no mt understanding that it will be impossible to implement his tax cut or is just saying he wants it for midterm votes.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I love me some tax cuts. But this level of spending is unsustainable.
Just Trump buying votes from the gullible. Selling off our country to his sheeple for 30 pieces of silver.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
When did giving people more of their own money equate to spending ?
That's not what he meant. He's simply pointing out that we're proposing less income for the government (via tax cuts) while government spending is incredibly high. The math doesn't work out.

Kory

Reaction score
When did giving people more of their own money equate to spending ?
It doesn't, but with healthcare/entitlements forecasted to double in cost over the next decade, it would be awesome for the current administration to take the reigns in curbing the cost and maybe coming up with a more efficient way of handling those programs (by the way, they make up >50% of total federal spending). Or they can continue to kick the can down the road, as several administrations prior have, because they don't want to piss anyone off. Something is gonna have to give though.

Same goes for the defense spending which has continually increased and is near a quarter of the federal budget. The amount of waste in government spending is atrocious. And it is only getting worse the more bloated the agencies and their budgets get.

Matt

Reaction score
That's not what he meant. He's simply pointing out that we're proposing less income for the government (via tax cuts) while government spending is incredibly high. The math doesn't work out.

I suggest otherwise. We took in record tax revenue this year after tax cuts were implemented.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Why is Trump lying to us about tax cuts?

Why is he trying to incite fear about the caravan instead of developing a plan and implementing it?

Jacob

Reaction score
I'll admit, I don't really know what to expect as far as results of the upcoming election goes. Will the polls be in the neighborhood this go around?

I've seen people online on both sides pushing polls/early voting pattern that claim to show everything from blue wave - Dems take the House and even push the Senate to 51-49 Dems, to almost a red wave - Republicans hold the house/barely lose any seats and pick up 7-8 seats in the Senate.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I'll admit, I don't really know what to expect as far as results of the upcoming election goes. Will the polls be in the neighborhood this go around?

I've seen people online on both sides pushing polls/early voting pattern that claim to show everything from blue wave - Dems take the House and even push the Senate to 51-49 Dems, to almost a red wave - Republicans hold the house/barely lose any seats and pick up 7-8 seats in the Senate.
Just have to wait and see and everybody vote!

The Dems have done better with fundraising in close areas, but they don’t have a clear message like the Repubs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back