Reaction score
I have covered a lot of info on tornadoes that have formed in places like Arizona, California, Alaska, Hawaii, the Pacific Northwest, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada. Plus, I also have a thing for Canadian twisters as well! Though I like Tornado Alley, I mostly prefer tornadoes that occur west of the Great Plains because there's something about them that always gives you a life-changing feeling that's the same as seeing your first tornado in real life. And while I know that the western "Mini-Alleys" aren't as frequent and thrilling as the notorious places out there, it's actually where the most photogenic and wild tornadoes I've seen on YouTube. Because of the less craziness, you get to enjoy them more often without the stress of many other amateur chasers clogging the roads and good spots.
I think you should cover informations of the Japan, China, Bangladesh, Pakistan, India and Indonesian tornadoes (Asia)

Reaction score
What are the Asian tornadoes that you have researched?
The 2013 Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh Tornado, the 1969 Tianjin, China F5 Tornado (officially rated F4), the 2012 Tsukuba, Japan F3 Tornado, the 1987 Heilongjiang Tornado Outbreak (China's Black Friday), the 2019 Nepal EF2 tornado, the 2014 Central Mongolian F4 Tornado, the 2019 Kaiyuan, China EF4 Tornado, and the 1996 Bangladesh F5 Tornado (Officially rated F4 or F2), just to name a few

Reaction score
The 2013 Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh Tornado, the 1969 Tianjin, China F5 Tornado (officially rated F4), the 2012 Tsukuba, Japan F3 Tornado, the 1987 Heilongjiang Tornado Outbreak (China's Black Friday), the 2019 Nepal EF2 tornado, the 2014 Central Mongolian F4 Tornado, the 2019 Kaiyuan, China EF4 Tornado, and the 1996 Bangladesh F5 Tornado (Officially rated F4 or F2), just to name a few
I wonder if you did researched the 1990 Mobara (Japan) tornado and the 2012 Sidrap (South Sulawesi, Indonesia) tornado?

Reaction score
SpotlightForRareTornadoes:
Word of advice, I’m not calling you a liar or anything, but please, please refrain from making any claims if you don’t have any valid citations or evidence for them.
It makes you less trustworthy and look like a liar even if you aren’t trying to be one.
Thank you for your advice. I'll try not to do that again. Besides, maybe Tornado Archive made a mistake. Because I don't know how or why this twister was rated F4. But it is there if you want to look at it. :( Maybe they will fix it sooner or later. I also looked at Highways & Hailstones and I guess it isn't as violent as I thought it was; it was rated F0.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
A few more things to add:

1. Let's keep international discussion on the appropriate thread: Significant Tornado Events - Global Edition

2. When making a post, try to put some effort into it. No need to write an entire novel or anything, lol. However, it's always nice to include some photos and/or videos of the tornado and its damage if possible, but most importantly some verifiable, factual information. Path length and width, death/injury tolls, and other weather effects from the same storm system are good things to include.

With that said, welcome to the forum, @SpotlightForRareTornadoes! I hope none of our posts have come off as horribly confrontational. It's just that none of us want the forum to turn into a clone of a certain part of the internet known as weather Twitter.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I almost forgot! On this day 2 years ago, a Massive Wedge Tornado hit the town of Winterset Iowa The damage was rated an EF4.
While I do believe EF4 was the right call for Winterset, I also feel the wind speed estimate of 170 MPH was too low. At its peak intensity it swept away an anchor-bolted house and actually cracked part of its foundation in the process. While the cracked foundation likely resulted from a preexisting weak point known as a 'corner pop', still, foundation damage like this is NOT something I tend to associate with low-end EF4 tornadoes. I don't think the other contextual damage (debarking, scouring, vehicle mangling, etc.) was EF5 worthy but a wind speed estimate around 185-190 MPH would have been more appropriate imo.
030622-gg-winterset-tornado-damage.jpg

Significant_Tornado_Damage_in_Winterset%2C_Iowa_from_March_5%2C_2022.jpg

screenshot_20221109-132010-jpg.15436

Back