• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!
Logo 468x120

Severe Weather Threat - June 11th-15th, 2023

JPWX

Reaction score
Someone else do some research on this but from what I can find the only other June tornado to affect Gulf Breeze/Pensacola area was in 1982 (outside of a tropical system). Might be wrong and if so someone correct me.

buckeye05

Reaction score
As shown two posts above, at least one spotter on Twitter reporting “extensive damage” in Pensacola Beach. I’m skeptical judging by the path the couplet took though.

Clancy

Reaction score
Someone else do some research on this but from what I can find the only other June tornado to affect Gulf Breeze/Pensacola area was in 1982 (outside of a tropical system). Might be wrong and if so someone correct me.
Awesome digging. I have lots of family living down there, as far as I know they've not had many encounters with tornadoes in the area, though Gulf Coast tornadoes are, obviously, quite common.

andyhb

Meteorologist
Reaction score
3 deaths in Perryton TX per fire chief. Deadliest TX Panhandle tornado in decades. From the damage I’ve seen, looks like a solid candidate for EF3.

Taylor Campbell

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
As shown two posts above, at least one spotter on Twitter reporting “extensive damage” in Pensacola Beach. I’m skeptical judging by the path the couplet took though.

This area look like it took a blow.

496FD59A-5AE6-4854-AE98-D861A95ADFD8.jpeg

Reaction score
Structural damage in Perryton on Brian Emfinger's stream...hard to tell how bad, though (Edit: He's got the drone up, doesn't look too bad by tornado standards, but still enough to kill someone in one of those mobile homes). I think his stream was the only reason the warning went out.

Welp, this didn't age well, but the first look rarely tells the full story.

It's ironic, in the Stormtrack Discord a couple days ago some people were talking about how the Texas Panhandle in general was overdue for a significant supercell/tornado event, and I believe Perryton was mentioned specifically.

Reaction score

Hot damn! All in all I'm kind of regretting not going this week. If it was a month earlier it would have been a no-brainer, but I was just skeptical about June actually producing in some of these areas that were affected over the last few days. Although I probably would have wrecked my wife's new Hyundai with hail damage had I been chasing today.

Saturday the 10th would have been too early for me to get down there anyways, it being my first day of vacation and I had some things to take care of at home.

Back