• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe weather Feb 10-13th

akt1985

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if all the Swifties in the Jackson DMA post meltdown videos on TikTok with the CBS affiliate preempting Taylor Swift’s face at the Super Bowl for tornado warning coverage as storms are popping as scheduled.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
It will be interesting to see if all the Swifties in the Jackson DMA post meltdown videos on TikTok with the CBS affiliate preempting Taylor Swift’s face at the Super Bowl for tornado warning coverage as storms are popping as scheduled.
I have some choice words for people who worship celebrities over life-saving severe weather coverage, but I'd probably get banned if I used them here.

akt1985

Reaction score
On top of the tornado risk, a flash flood watch is now in effect for parts of Alabama and Georgia. I’m surprised there have not been more flash flood warnings with this system.

Kim30

Reaction score
Super Bowl will be streamed on Paramount+. If you have a Walmart+ subscription it's free. If not, Paramount+ has a 1 week free trial. There should be no complaints about interruptions because of severe weather.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Super Bowl will be streamed on Paramount+. If you have a Walmart+ subscription it's free. If not, Paramount+ has a 1 week free trial. There should be no complaints about interruptions because of severe weather.
Until the internet goes out <evil laugh>

That line really started straightening up and expanding pretty rapidly. Watch out for flying trampolines.

1707692816554.png

Clancy

Reaction score
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's little in the way of convective intensification until midnight or after. The daytime activity was far from a guarantee. Will be interested in seeing how parameters play out overnight, models are still all over the place.

Back