• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Archive March 18-20th, 2018 Severe Weather

I am baffled as to why they kept 30/hatched on hail probs, though. I don't think the tornado probs will verify, but the hail easily over-performed for a 30/hatched. That's only an Enhanced level hail threat.

Video from the Tornado that went through Falkville and eventually went into Cullman county and produced Baseball size hail.

State troopers report TOG in southern Dekalb County - Aroney community

A lot of things went wrong from a forecasting perspective for me today.. gonna have to see what happened with that.

Could it be that the warm front just didn't make it far enough north? Here in Madison, it never got above 66 degrees and the dewpoint never got above 61. We had a total of maybe 20 minutes of sunshine spread over a 3 hour period. I was soundly chastised earlier today when I posted that it just didn't FEEL like tornado weather. Obviously that wasn't true everywhere, but it certainly was in southern Madison County.

Tornado warning for Northern Calhoun County

Logo 468x120
Back