• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

January 27th deep south severe wx

Tennie

Reaction score
This is my actual last post. Because this is one heck of a thread by NWS of mobile explaining what went wrong in there area. Very good read.

Unfortunately, the thread itself is not actually available to read for those who don't have a Twitter account, and I have no intention whatsoever of getting an account for that hellsite. Can someone please provide a summary of the thread? I (and others who don't want to be on Twitter) would greatly appreciate it!

Clancy

Reaction score
I have no intention whatsoever of getting an account for that hellsite. Can someone please provide a summary of the thread?
Extremely respectable decision.

The thread mostly outlined that model data didn't line up with the outcome, and addresses that forecasted heavy rain and convection didn't occur. The morning QLCS and later development in the Mobile area didn't have instability to feed off of due to easterly winds, relegating strong storms to the Gulf.

Back