• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Tornado TV Coverage Question:

CalebRoutt

Reaction score
Does anyone have of KFOR’s TV coverage from these days?

May 8/9th 2003

May 10th 2010

May 24th 2011

May 19th 2013

May 31st 2013

Almost nothing other than a few clips floating around but not the full thing?

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
i have also been hoping to see someone upload KFOR's May 24, 2011 coverage to YouTube. the best I have ever been able to find was uploaded very recently was this, but it is not the full coverage:

While coverage of that event is pretty hard to come by, I was able to find coverage of the last two dates on your list.

This playlist has just over three hours of KFOR May 19, 2013 coverage:

The same channel has over two hours of KFOR May 31, 2013 coverage, starting with this one:

The unconventional title makes it harder to seek out.

Hopefully this helps a little bit?

CalebRoutt

Reaction score
i have also been hoping to see someone upload KFOR's May 24, 2011 coverage to YouTube. the best I have ever been able to find was uploaded very recently was this, but it is not the full coverage:

While coverage of that event is pretty hard to come by, I was able to find coverage of the last two dates on your list.

This playlist has just over three hours of KFOR May 19, 2013 coverage:

The same channel has over two hours of KFOR May 31, 2013 coverage, starting with this one:

The unconventional title makes it harder to seek out.

Hopefully this helps a little bit?

Yeah I’ve seen both of those. Was definitely hoping for more but unfortunately I can’t find anything!

cincywx

Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Yeah I’ve seen both of those. Was definitely hoping for more but unfortunately I can’t find anything!

This could be a long shot, but you could try emailing/reaching out to KFOR and seeing if they have any of the coverage archived. I know some stations do.

I tried this with the weather channel on the 10th anniversary of the 2011 super outbreak, and surprisingly they did respond! unfortunately, they told me that while they had it, they were "unable to upload lengthy footage due to [their] distribution contracts with TV providers." :[

Logo 468x120
Back