• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Test Period - Ads for Guests

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Naturally we value our members at TalkWeather and we look to continuing to re-establish and grow our site. In the past few months we have secured cloud hosting with a backup site, added a secure firewall service and subscribed to a spam prevention service. Because of a special deal with our hosting provider we have enough funds for hosting for the remainder of the year and also have about half of the forum software support licensing fee for next year. However, our hosting introductory offer will expire in January of next year and at that time we plan on entering into a long term (3 year) contract for a discounted hosting price. That price is dependent on the amount we put down at that time. So over the next few weeks you will see a few beta programs to help us build up our treasury to hopefully keep that price down to the lowest possible amount.

With that in mind, for the next 24 hours we will have one ad on the site served by Google AdSense. If you are logged in you WILL NOT see the ad. I strongly suggest using the Keep Me Logged In function if you are on a private computer. In case you have never noticed the majority of the traffic to the site is made up of guests and since they aren't actively participating in the discussion, I feel they can carry the burden of seeing an ad.

After 24 hours the ad will be removed and the results of the test will be discussed by the admin team. We welcome your comments and concerns below as well. Everything will be taken into consideration and we value your input as we look to keep TalkWeather online for the long term.

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Our test period has concluded and the ads have been turned off. Thanks!

Back