• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
  • April 2024 Weather Video of the Month
    Post your nominations now!

Severe Weather Threat 5.22-5.24.24

Reaction score
After the Indy 500-qualifying supercells and devastating tornadoes in Iowa Tuesday; over the last two days the southern Plains have sneakily been producing many more high-end, classic supercells and visible tornadoes than on any of the highly anticipated, higher end risk days early in the season...and we still have Saturday coming up. I'm surprised at how quickly many chasers on social media and Stormtrack (even veterans who got their first tornado before I was in kindergarten, and I'm not exactly that young anymore at 38) got down on the seasonal prospects after that initial active period ended.

Reaction score
After the Indy 500-qualifying supercells and devastating tornadoes in Iowa Tuesday; over the last two days the southern Plains have sneakily been producing many more high-end, classic supercells and visible tornadoes than on any of the highly anticipated, higher end risk days early in the season...and we still have Saturday coming up. I'm surprised at how quickly many chasers on social media and Stormtrack (even veterans who got their first tornado before I was in kindergarten, and I'm not exactly that young anymore at 38) got down on the seasonal prospects after that initial active period ended.
Yep. I remember the night before 4/26, and not criticizing him by any means, Warren was talking about how every set up this season had seemingly fell apart. I really liked that one person’s post in State of The Chase 2024 that pretty much said “maybe you’re(people that were complaining) down on the 2024 season because you just haven’t chased in the right place to see the storms”

Reaction score
To add to my above. Look at this beauty (as long as it's not hitting a town). On a day with an outlook like those on April 27 or May 6, you expect to see like 6 or 7 of these radar signatures during daylight hours, so that's why you might declare "bust" before something horrible happens well after dark.

FDR_0002.png

Reaction score
Yep. I remember the night before 4/26, and not criticizing him by any means, Warren was talking about how every set up this season had seemingly fell apart.

Yes, he was the one specifically I was thinking of. A guy I literally grew up idolizing, and now I get to go on a forum and tell him to chill out and wait and see what the season has in store. The Internet is an amazing thing.

Back