• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
Trump needs to stop “supporting” people and they need to stop using his talking points.
Rispone (R) didn't connect well with New Orleans metro area. Even Jefferson Parish that went to Trump in 2016 overwhelmingly went to Bel Edwards. That's huge. It's almost as if Rispose (and Trump to an extent) abandoned the largest population center of Louisiana...

All of Trump's rallies were in West or North Louisiana where he's got solid support anyway...

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump can’t ride rural America alone into 2020. Louisiana, a decently red state, is showing that.
I agree 100%. That’s what he did last time with the electoral college, but he won’t get to run against Hillary this time.

His physical sure seems odd. I wonder if he got sick this weekend or something.

Matt

Reaction score
I agree 100%. That’s what he did last time with the electoral college, but he won’t get to run against Hillary this time.

His physical sure seems odd. I wonder if he got sick this weekend or something.

He'll win Lousiana bu at least fifteen points. And yes, he won't have Hillary this time. It will be someone even worse and further to the left of Hillary.

Barr is spot on. And I think the left pays for it big time in 2020.

The first two days of the impeachment inquiry were a disaster for dems. I hope they keep it up. This article is partially opinion but I believe she is correct in her assessment.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Barr is spot on. And I think the left pays for it big time in 2020.

The AG is supposed to be a non-political position.

The first two days of the impeachment inquiry were a disaster for dems. I hope they keep it up. This article is partially opinion but I believe she is correct in her assessment.

I think they were pretty bad for trump but not bad enough to matter. It’s obvious now that there is second hand evidence that Trump bribed Ukraine. The Dems better find some first hand evidence, which they won’t do if they keep allowing trump to obstruct the investigation. The Dems are too slow and meek to do this properly. Trump is running all over them.

Matt

Reaction score
I think they were pretty bad for trump but not bad enough to matter. It’s obvious now that there is second hand evidence that Trump bribed Ukraine. The Dems better find some first hand evidence, which they won’t do if they keep allowing trump to obstruct the investigation. The Dems are too slow and meek to do this properly. Trump is running all over them.

We have a treaty with many countries that mandates each country to investigate possible crimes. You yourself said you could not think of a legal reason Hunter Biden was being paid the amount of money he was. It is incumbent the president have the DOJ investigate and the Ukrainians do the same.

gangstonc

Reaction score
We have a treaty with many countries that mandates each country to investigate possible crimes. You yourself said you could not think of a legal reason Hunter Biden was being paid the amount of money he was. It is incumbent the president have the DOJ investigate and the Ukrainians do the same.
The president has to go through the proper channels. Withholding congressionally appointed aid is not the proper way to do it. Congress has the purse strings.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

Is that your opinion or do you have facts relating to Trump's obstruction of this investigation?

gangstonc

Reaction score
I wonder what is going on with trump medically. I think it’s pretty obvious he didn’t go in for part of his physical. There Are videos of people running around his cars and hustling about. He wasn’t seen by the press today, it appears as though he won’t be seen tomorrow, according to his schedule. I wouldn’t be surprised if all the happenings have caused a panic attack or high blood pressure.

I’d really like to hear what those people who said Hillary was dying have to say about this.

Is that your opinion or do you have facts relating to Trump's obstruction of this investigation?
Won’t turn over documents. Won’t allow people to testify. Just like Nixon.

Matt

Reaction score
The president has to go through the proper channels. Withholding congressionally appointed aid is not the proper way to do it. Congress has the purse strings.

He didn't withhold it. Making sure a country is going to use aid wisely is prudent and smart. All foreign aid should be done the same way. Finally, we have a president that thinks so too.

He has no facts. Only CNN and MSNBS talking points.

Trump withheld the money for 55 days. I didn’t even know this was disputed. I have no idea what world you operate in.

Too make sure the new admin was ok. What law says a president cannot withhold aid ? It is common sense. For decades we have given billions to countries that abuse it, steal it, misdirect it, etc. Finally we have a president that requires accountability. I thought you were for that .

When Barry dropped $150 billion on the tarmac in Iran was he expecting something from them ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
When Barry dropped $150 billion on the tarmac in Iran was he expecting something from them ?

Trump withheld the money for 55 days. I didn’t even know this was disputed. I have no idea what world you operate in.

Matt

Reaction score

Because of massive corruption!

gangstonc

Reaction score
He didn't withhold it. Making sure a country is going to use aid wisely is prudent and smart. All foreign aid should be done the same way. Finally, we have a president that thinks so too.

He has no facts. Only CNN and MSNBS talking points.

Too make sure the new admin was ok. What law says a president cannot withhold aid ? It is common sense. For decades we have given billions to countries that abuse it, steal it, misdirect it, etc. Finally we have a president that requires accountability. I thought you were for that .

The law is the Impoundment Act of 1974.

I’m all for accountability, but we have to use the proper channels or we run the risk of letting corruption into our own country.

skelly

Reaction score
The US actually did owe them money and could of been arbitrated at The Hague to end up paying more but the way it was handled, Obama did everything he could to let the regime in Iran claim victory and look like they pulled one over on him. Made it look like we were handing over the money for hostages and sweetening the “nuclear deal”. Made him popular in all 57 states.

Matt

Reaction score
The law is the Impoundment Act of 1974.

I’m all for accountability, but we have to use the proper channels or we run the risk of letting corruption into our own country.

The president can put a temporary hold on aid. What if the proper channels are working against his policies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back