• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
So, is he just gonna target Christians (these wacko leftists love bashing Christianity) or will this go to include ALL religious institutions?

I didn’t hear the word mosque listed....

gangstonc

Reaction score
So, is he just gonna target Christians (these wacko leftists love bashing Christianity) or will this go to include ALL religious institutions?

I didn’t hear the word mosque listed....

I believe the question referenced “religious institutions” and said nothing about Christianity. My guess would be ALL religious institutions.

Kory

Reaction score
I believe the question referenced “religious institutions” and said nothing about Christianity. My guess would be ALL religious institutions.
The question explicitly mentioned churches but no other religious denomination's house of worship. I thought that was weird.

skelly

Reaction score
The question explicitly mentioned churches but no other religious denomination's house of worship. I thought that was weird.
I bet it would be hard to find anybody anywhere on the left speaking about ending tax exempt status of a Mosque for not changing their teaching on marriage or any other issue.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I bet it would be hard to find anybody anywhere on the left speaking about ending tax exempt status of a Mosque for not changing their teaching on marriage or any other issue.
Good point

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
US Deploying Fighter Squadrons, Air Expeditionary Wing, Missile Defenses to Saudi Arabia

The Pentagon is deploying two fighter squadrons and an air expeditionary wing to Saudi Arabia, along with two Patriot Missile defense batteries and one Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system, following reported Iran-backed attacks on that country. Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley announced the deployment during an Oct. 11 briefing, saying the deployment was at the request of US Central Command.

http://www.airforcemag.com/Features...ry-Wing-Missile-Defenses-to-Saudi-Arabia.aspx

gangstonc

Reaction score
US Deploying Fighter Squadrons, Air Expeditionary Wing, Missile Defenses to Saudi Arabia

The Pentagon is deploying two fighter squadrons and an air expeditionary wing to Saudi Arabia, along with two Patriot Missile defense batteries and one Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system, following reported Iran-backed attacks on that country. Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark Milley announced the deployment during an Oct. 11 briefing, saying the deployment was at the request of US Central Command.

http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/Pages/2019/October 2019/US-Deploying-Fighter-Squadrons-Air-Expeditionary-Wing-Missile-Defenses-to-Saudi-Arabia.aspx
I thought we were finished fighting other people’s wars.

Kory

Reaction score
I can’t imagine SCOTUS will even touch this with a 40 foot pole. I’d imagine they’d bounce it back to the appeal’s court letting their decision stand.

Reactions: KoD

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Usually the discussion about tax exemption is related to Scientology.
Idk what Beto is smoking.

Evan

Reaction score
How long are we supposed to be at war ? Eighteen years is enough!

Standing by for Matt's condemnation of Trump's decision to add 2,000 troops to Saudia Arabia.

14,000 added to the Middle East since May.

Evan

Reaction score
Usually the discussion about tax exemption is related to Scientology.
Idk what Beto is smoking.

He's becoming the Trump of the left. They want a fighter willing to bloody the nose of their ideological enemies (not saying all, I'm referring to a particular grouping of far-left zealots). It's a fools errand. He's not a serious person and should never again be involved in politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back