• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Reaction score
I don't believe that for one minute. I believe they are self serving and want their way regardless of the benefit or damage it causes.

You could make this argument for some of the high level politicians, but not for the voting base as a whole. This viewpoint is held by a lot of people on both sides and is one of the reasons political discourse is becoming less and less possible in this country.

I know a handful of people from this forum that are on the left/left of center, and I don't question their motiviation in the least. We probably disagree on a lot of major issues (or at least how to try to fix them), but I've never once gotten the sense that it was because they wanted their agenda pushed, even if it destroyed America.

It is ok to feel that the agenda they are pushing would be bad for America (the left feels this strongly about the right too), but that doesn't mean that the motivation for that agenda is from a bad place.

gangstonc

Reaction score
"I have no obligation to be honest with the media,"

-Lewandowski
———————————————————
Corey Lewandowski: The Mueller report was very clear. There was no collusion

Alisyn Camerota: That's not what the Mueller report said, Corey

Corey: It absolutely says that...

Alisyn: Wait a second, Corey... Did you read the Mueller report?

Corey: No, I never did https://t.co/UDACpFqUVi

Last edited:

Kory

Reaction score
Don't worry Trudeau. You're a liberal. Give the news a week and your racist stunt from 2001 will be forgotten.

Also, what a pathetic defense. To claim you didn't know it was racist? You were 29! You weren't 14, young and ignorant.

gangstonc

Reaction score

What stupid thing did Trump promise? Who was the leader? There have been conversations with 5 foreign leaders in the last 5 weeks.

The acting DNI refusing to follow the law and move it up is incredibly suspicious. Also makes the exit of Coats suspicious.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score
Demoncrats ALMOST had Trump making his own 'Big Mistake'-which Putin has warned of Catastrophic results. Thankfully he had 2nd thoughts and thought for himself.

I didn't chime in on this forum at the time, but Trump calling off the strike was a huge mistake. Not even a month prior I had mentioned that I didn't want Trump to bumble into a war with Iran as a war with Iran is the last thing we need. But there's a difference between a first strike and a limited retaliatory strike meant to brush the Iranians back from the plate. The worst possible think a CIC can do when taking military action is *blink* and that's what Trump did.

It's no surprise that Iran significantly increased their aggression against our interests and allies ever since Trump called back the strike. Publicizing something like that was the main issue. If he called it back and they had kept it quiet it would've been one thing. Nope, Trump screamed from the rooftops that he backed down. I don't know who advised him to commit to the absolute worst strategy possible, but it wasn't John Bolton.

I've always been fairly neutral on Bolton, and I don't think his war monger reputation is as deserved as others do. That's largely a left-wing critique that became a MAGA critique over the past 3-4 years, and I think it ignores the role of the NSA compared to a SoS or other major administrative positions dealing with foreign policy. I think Bolton is a very effective and capable NSA, and Trump firing him proves that Bolton was right to lose his freaking mind over Trump calling back the strike back in June.

Once you decide to retaliate and the planes are 10 minutes from dropping bombs, you only call off a mission if it is there is a very very very clear reason to do so that didn't exist when you have the go order (new intelligence contradicting culpability or showing that a target would be a civilian and humanitarian catastrophe). You do NOT, however, call back a strike because you give more weight to Tucker Carlson (who literally plays a role on TV and doesn't actually believe half of what he spews) than your NSA, SoS, or the Joint Chiefs.

Trump not taking proportionate action when the time was absolutely right to do so is EXACTLY how you end up *bumbling* into a war. Because now we've have no choice but to strike Iran. I definitely don't want to fight Saudi Arabia's battles for them (I detest their leadership and ruling class), but if Saudi Arabia is left alone to retaliate against Iran is is unlikely to be proportionate, and Iran is unlikely to accept it and back down. Opening up the lid on already historically high levels of Shia/Sunni bickering is the last thing any serious person should want.

Like it or not, the world (and our own economy) is dependent on Middle East oil. It is in the interest of the United States to make sure a boiling conflict in the Middle East doesn't explode. And it isn't just about protecting our economic interests. If Saudi Arabia hits Iran without us (and this includes if we only make marginal contributions instead of leading the attack) then you can guarantee that Iran will retaliate with conventional forces and activate their terrorist cells throughout the Middle East. And, they will devote massive new resources into obtaining a nuclear weapon as soon as possible. That means that Saudi Arabia, the UAE, etc will do the same. And Israel is not going to stand for Iran or anyone else in the Middle East obtaining nuclear weapons. They've shown that repeatedly throughout history. They will strike Iran if there is any sign Iran is again making serious efforts towards nuclear production and research for a nuclear weapon. When that happens, all bets are off. We do not need a Saudi-Iranian-Israeli war with a host of terrorist cells, and an absolute EXPLOSION of the Sunni/Shia divide.

I don't think people realize this is the most serious crisis in the Middle East since the first Gulf War. The United States has no choice but to strike Iran because history has shown time and again that they will NOT engage us conventionally with their military. We will face attacks from their proxies and terrorist allies, but the risk of an expanding Middle East conflict is sharply limited by the United States taking the lead. The response must be both proportional and punitive. It must not exceed what the international community and Iran's internal opposition see as a fair price for their actions against Saudi Arabia and the attack on our UAV in June.

If Trump does not act I truly believe that things will only get worse. Either Saudi Arabia will act rashly and foolishly due to our inaction, or Iran will be further emboldened and step up their attacks until Saudi Arabia responds disproportionately. I don't think we should put the world's energy supplies and Middle Eastern peace is the hands of Mohammad Bin Salman and his idiot advisors.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Iran got more bold after trump called off the attacks. They got more bold after the US pulled out of the nuclear deal with them.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score

What stupid thing did Trump promise? Who was the leader? There have been conversations with 5 foreign leaders in the last 5 weeks.

The acting DNI refusing to follow the law and move it up is incredibly suspicious. Also makes the exit of Coats suspicious.

Fake news. Dems are attempting to divert attention from yet another high profile dem donor caugt up in a drug and sexual perversion case.

Matt

Reaction score
Hey Matt, you might have thought my questions regarding the NC election were rhetorical, they weren’t. Please enlighten me.

The Dem had been running for over two years. Name recognition. The D was up big. Trump turned it around. I'll bet you Trump wins the district again by at least ten points.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
The Dem had been running for over two years. Name recognition. The D was up big. Trump turned it around. I'll bet you Trump wins the district again by at least ten points.
I'm more curious what poll you saw where the Democratic candidate had a 17 point lead.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Fake news. Dems are attempting to divert attention from yet another high profile dem donor caugt up in a drug and sexual perversion case.
What a joke. This has nothing to do with a scandal that nobody really cares about. It’s easy to find any number of powerful people, Republican or Democrat that are deviants.

Why hasn’t the complaint been given to Congress?

If all of these things are fake news why doesn’t trump sue for libel? He seems happy to sue for countless other things.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
What a joke. This has nothing to do with a scandal that nobody really cares about. It’s easy to find any number of powerful people, Republican or Democrat that are deviants.

Why hasn’t the complaint been given to Congress?

If all of these things are fake news why doesn’t trump sue for libel? He seems happy to sue for countless other things.

This proves the Trump campaign was and still is being spied on. Since when does the intelligence community have oversight of the president. Throw the jerk in jail! The IC is out of control.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Just spotted the story that Gov. Kay Ivey has been diagnosed with a treatable form of lung cancer.

https://www.waff.com/2019/09/19/alabama-governor-kay-ivey-announces-she-has-lung-cancer/

“Throughout my life, I am constantly reminded that I have so much for which to be thankful; God has been incredibly gracious to me. One of the highest honors you have given me is serving as your governor. Because I always shoot straight with you, I want to share a recent challenge that has been placed in front of me.
Within the past few weeks, during a routine exam, my longtime family physician discovered a spot on my lung that was unusual. Additional tests confirmed that this was, indeed, a tiny, isolated malignancy. The good news is I am one of the fortunate ones where this was discovered early, and it is very treatable.The better news is Alabama is home to some of the world’s leading physicians. My team of doctors have assured me this treatment has a very high rate of success and will have a minimal impact on my schedule.
Tomorrow morning, I will travel to UAB for an outpatient procedure, which will allow me to soon begin a series of specialized radiation treatments. None of this will prevent me from continuing to serve as your governor and doing the work you elected me to do.
Naturally, I welcome your prayers and your support. Just as so many others who have been affected by cancer, I am confident of God’s plan and purpose for my life and feel extremely fortunate this was caught so early.
May God continue to bless each of you and the great state of Alabama.”

gangstonc

Reaction score
This proves the Trump campaign was and still is being spied on. Since when does the intelligence community have oversight of the president. Throw the jerk in jail! The IC is out of control.
Everybody knew he was monitoring. The IC has full jurisdiction over foreign calls. They always have and always will listen to these calls.

If Trump was innocent, he would release the complaint to show how absurd it was and prove the media bias. He would sue for libel.

He won’t release the complaint. He won’t sue because discovery would kill him.

Analyze the facts.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Everybody knew he was monitoring. The IC has full jurisdiction over foreign calls. They always have and always will listen to these calls.

If Trump was innocent, he would release the complaint to show how absurd it was and prove the media bias. He would sue for libel.

He won’t release the complaint. He won’t sue because discovery would kill him.

Analyze the facts.

They do not have the authority to eavesdrop the
President. Deep State tactics to take out Trump. Time to start firing, charging and jailing these bastards!

Kory

Reaction score
Protest on campus today rallying behind a UA dean who was fired after tweets resurfaced accusing police of upholding a systemic history of racism.

Just look at who is protecting their right to free assembly? Police. Yes, those evil, oppressive cops!

gangstonc

Reaction score
They do not have the authority to eavesdrop the
President. Deep State tactics to take out Trump. Time to start firing, charging and jailing these bastards!
You are incorrect. Again, you need to work on facts.

Turns out the country was Ukraine. I wonder if it has to do with the Biden investigation going on there and with the financial aid we have now promised them...

D2FF790C-B5D1-4041-9234-A63E35C97ACA.jpeg

Last edited:

skelly

Reaction score
So Pence is not discussing Joe Biden with the Ukrainian President but is supporting aid to Ukraine. Wow what a whistle! CNN has its own version of Hannity that doesn’t let people who disagree with him answer his questions without interrupting and twisting there answers? Who knew?

gangstonc

Reaction score
So Pence is not discussing Joe Biden with the Ukrainian President but is supporting aid to Ukraine. Wow what a whistle! CNN has its own version of Hannity that doesn’t let people who disagree with him answer his questions without interrupting and twisting there answers? Who knew?
If the first part of your post is really all you think is going on, you are misinformed.

We wanted Ukraine to investigate Biden. It’s POSSIBLE we gave them aid to make it more likely they would do so. See the potential issue? It’s very illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back