• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Probably the best quote I have ever seen to describe Donald Trump.

Honestly you could use that quote to describe both parties.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe that for one minute. I believe they are self serving and want their way regardless of the benefit or damage it causes.
Yeah I'm sure the push for social welfare and "bankrupting" social policies is purely for their own benefit.

gangstonc

Reaction score
"The Obama / Biden admin had the authority and responsibility to secure the 2016 election against Russian interference and they clearly failed."

-Lewandowski

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Yeah I'm sure the push for social welfare and "bankrupting" social policies is purely for their own benefit.

KoD Open your eyes man. They (Politicians) Use welfare (Social or Corporate) as their vote machine.

gangstonc

Reaction score
KoD Open your eyes man. They (Politicians) Use welfare (Social or Corporate) as their vote machine.
For people who think those things are important. That doesn't mean its wrong.

Republicans use military spending as their vote machine. Some people think having a strong military is important. Doesn't mean it's wrong.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Politicians are running on platforms that people want to see? That's just madness sir.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Politicians are running on platforms that people want to see? That's just madness sir.
It's the person running for High School student council. Free Pizza Fridays. Shortened School days and no homework.

Except in this climate we live in it's free healthcare, don't bother working, and tax the rich with a take the guns thrown in for good measure.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
It's the person running for High School student council. Free Pizza Fridays. Shortened School days and no homework.

Except in this climate we live in it's free healthcare, don't bother working, and tax the rich with a take the guns thrown in for good measure.
It's not free healthcare because we all pay for it with taxes. It's universal healthcare. Taxing the rich is a pretty popular idea, so is closing tax loopholes and widespread tax evasion schemes. I won't even get into guns, but there's a mix of different policies to choose from. Not everyone is Beto O'Idiot.
A more reasoned argument would be that well intentioned ideas and interventions are abused by those in power for their self interests. Not that the ideas themselves are perpetuations of secret malicious policy injected into the social discussion.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It's not free healthcare because we all pay for it with taxes. It's universal healthcare. Taxing the rich is a pretty popular idea, so is closing tax loopholes and widespread tax evasion schemes. I won't even get into guns, but there's a mix of different policies to choose from. Not everyone is Beto O'Idiot.
A more reasoned argument would be that well intentioned ideas and interventions are abused by those in power for their self interests. Not that the ideas themselves are perpetuations of secret malicious policy injected into the social discussion.

You are right it is not free as it is paid for by taxes. However there is a segment of the population that does not pay taxes and those in power see this as a way to garner more votes from that segment to them regardless of the truth. And Beto I believe spilled the Liberal plan. Why do you think Democrats want to award states that enact their own red flag laws? It isn't to make sure the second amendment is protected that is for sure.

No matter.
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.
Amen.

Kory

Reaction score
It’s not just democrats who encourage red flag laws. Lindsey Graham and Donald Trump are some of the biggest proponents of that law.

But I believe taking a tool away for self preservation is just the next step to make people even more reliant on the government. More reliant = more likely to re-elect said politicians. Even down to life or death, some people would like the government to intervene. For me, no thanks. I will be responsible for myself and my well being/self preservation.

No way else to explain how a growing number of folks want the government to step in and shield them. See the latest push for hate speech laws as one prime example.

Matt

Reaction score
"The Obama / Biden admin had the authority and responsibility to secure the 2016 election against Russian interference and they clearly failed."

-Lewandowski

Do you disagree with that ? They did fail. Remember what Barry said to Putin ? "Cut it out! " Ooh, tough guy !

skelly

Reaction score
If folks want to see tweets they can go on Twitter and twittle the day away. Why post all these tweets on here so much when most are here say and unnamed sources and often debunked and recanted? And another thing. Why does NewYork Times need a Twitter? Wouldn’t people just subscribe to NYT if they care what NYT has to report? I don’t follow Trump on Twitter nor any of these other truncated twitterers that you constantly retwitterate on here. And honestly none of them have a profile pick that I would let them help my kids or grandmother across the street i’d advise just go on down to the next crossing. Just creepy. Of all the creepy people that came out and made a name for themselves being a birther or whatever then there are three times as many trying to make a name for themselves with Trumpspiracies. And guess what these folks can’t seem to go back under and their rock. All the Bush 9-11ers, the Birthers, the false flaggers, the red flagged, the Russia blamers will never go away just keep piling on like roadkill stench and demand their attention except now there is no mainstream media no one is objective they are apart of one movement, agenda or the other.

gangstonc

Reaction score
"Article 3 of Nixon's impeachment was obstruction of Congress, refusing to obey defined congressional subpoenas, pleading imaginary privilege," Nadler said. "And obviously that's what the President has been doing. Nixon wasn't foolish to say in advance that he's going to defy all congressional subpoenas ... and today we saw a witness instructed by the White House completely contemptuous of Congress who refused to answer relevant questions. Just another instance of obstruction of Congress and that's what Article 3 of the Nixon impeachment was."

Then go ahead and do it. Trump knows the democrats are spineless.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Trump has tripled the size of the swamp by appointing those who are loyal to him rather than choosing based on rrelevant experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back