• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
The UA System Board of Trustees has released correspondence between Hugh Culverhouse and UA law school. He was upset he couldn't micromanage the law school via hiring/firing of certain staff/faculty as well as other administrative tasks. He doesn't give a flip about the abortion bill. He is an entitled, daddy's money, scumbag lawyer.

Too bad the media won't cover this...it is just too convenient to continue slandering the University of Alabama's name.

1560119046419.png

http://uasystem.edu/assets/2019/06/Statement-060919.pdf

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump called Jimmy Carter to wish him well on recovery and asking his counsel on dealing with China... good for him.

Kory

Reaction score

Kory

Reaction score
The rash of shootings in Tuscaloosa and lack of leadership from the mayor (and his hand picked police chief) show that he was not even remotely fit for the governorship. But hey, at least we got a sales tax raise that will line the pockets of his contractor buddies who will be working on the projects!

Time for Walt Maddox to go. We need new leadership.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Never thought I’d say Jon Stewart was right on the money, but he is here. This is a crying shame.

I am not a big Jon Stewart fan but he nailed this. I 100% agree with him here. These men and women who were first responders on 9/11 should not have to fight the federal government for benefits to help with health issues in relation to their duties. This is why Military, Police, Firefighters and EMT's should be the ones who receive Lifetime Healthcare, and Lifetime retirement not the talking heads in Congress.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched Jon Stewart since I was a kid, The Daily Show was the one program that got our whole family together in the living room - My dad, brother and I being Republicans/Independents and my mom and other brother as Democrats.
His support of 9/11 first responders has been very admirable. I've also always agreed with his view on cable news media as well. They are sensationalist fear mongering institutions, all of them. MSNBC, Fox, CNN, etc... And he exposed them all. Some more than others, sure. But he told it how it is and was able to slice right through the BS and get to the point. Nobody could possibly fill his shoes.
He's been working on this 9/11 first responders things for years and years. Folks may not agree with his political POV, but he is a passionate and caring person at heart.

Watch the full thing:

"Why this bill isn’t unanimous consent and a standalone issue is beyond my comprehension, and I’ve yet to hear a reasonable explanation for why it’ll get stuck in some transportation bill or some appropriations bill and get sent over to the Senate, where a certain someone from the Senate will use it as a political football to get themselves maybe another new import tax on petroleum, because that’s what happened to us in 2015.

And we won’t allow it to happen again. Thank God for people like John Feals, thank God for people like Ray Pfeifer, thank God for all these people who will not let it happen. They responded in five seconds. They did their jobs with courage, grace, tenacity, humility. Eighteen years later, do yours."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back