• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCC

Reaction score
I dont know what makes me more sick, the liberal stance on abortion or the "conservative" whining on how the Alabama law will keep Trump and other republicans from being elected. If that truly is the case, this country can go to hell where it belongs.

Now I have my doubts about the law, not on content but the chance of actually becoming law. That said, conservatives need to put down the brakes and stop being slowly slid to have any chance of slowing down the demise instead of worrying about electability.

Evan

Reaction score
We don’t execute children for the crimes of their parent(s).

I certainly wish that were the case. It shouldn't happen, but this country has a long history of justifying infanticide and/or the execution of a child simply because one of their parents is disfavored by society (whether it be criminality, racial/cultural bigotry, socioeconomic status, moral panic, etc). Not that the United States is that unique in having such a history - - except for out extremely liberal abortion laws compared with the rest of the Western world.

Matt

Reaction score
One set of rules for the ruling class and another set for the rest of us.

Evan

Reaction score
What is with these exceptions when it comes to abortion?

You think Trump wants his victims to have proof of his crime or infidelity? There's your answer as far as Trump is concerned.

ARCC

Reaction score
Watched the first episode of WW2 in Color. If that episode doesnt get you to really think about our current position in this nation, nothing will.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of WW2 in Color. If that episode doesnt get you to really think about our current position in this nation, nothing will.

Some questions...
Is this a new series?
What channel is carrying it?
What similarities to our current nation are you drawing from the opening episode? Comparing the rise of Hitler and fascism in Germany to the climate of Trump and his radical followers?

ARCC

Reaction score
Some questions...
Is this a new series?
What similarities to our current nation are you drawing from the opening episode? Comparing the rise of Hitler and fascism in Germany to the climate of Trump and his radical followers?

You can watch it on Netflix but I dont think its new.

Lots of similarities. One is the focus on the national economy and worldwide economy.

The second one that turned my head and when it pointed out how the communists party and the fascist party was fighting for control. How the division amoung the people continued to grow. In comparison that is exactly what is happening right now. You can plainly see the division between the executive branch and Congress. This started happening under Obama and has greatly intensified under Trump and my goodness what fireworks we will see if a Democrat gets elected with a GOP congress. You can also see how short tempered so many people are today. How quick we are to threaten, and kill each other over the smallest disagreement. Social media is what we have to thank for that and you can see our political leaders taking advantage.

I dont see Trump as the fascist leader, but I do see a big increase in willingness to follow a leader no matter what. I saw that grow under Obama as well.

Another thing I see is the lack of willingness to go to war amoung the West. While we havent had a actual war in many years, I think Terrorism has muted any care to respond to agression. It was amazing to See Hitler take Germany and begin to strong arm the nations around him. The Mussolini, then what happened it Spain and then what Japan started to do. I guess what Im saying is I highly doubt anyone will step in and try to stop anything that happens in this nation.

We really are on the brink of a massive change in this country and both roads lead to the same place, a nationwide dictator. We just need the big crash to push it over the cliff and with the debt of our nation countinuing to grow, its coming.

Last edited:

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Some questions...
Is this a new series?

If you have the American Heroes Channel you can find the show on there. Formerly the Military Channel. It's been around for a while. I dont think they are making new episodes.

If you want to see something really eerie look up on youtube Nazis rally in Madison Square Garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back