• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Was it you who thought he should sit down to an interview? The idea that anyone thought his lawyers should have allowed that is confounding and it says more about liberal talking points than it does about the understanding of law and consequences thereof. If I was Trump's lawyer I would have forbidden him from opening his fat mouth. Under no circumstances would I have allowed him to speak one on one to Robert Mueller given his propensity to inflate, exaggerate, and lie. Because an attorney's job is to protect their client. Even an unlikable one. As for his witten statements, I can't speak to them. I'm sure they took their time with them. Rightfully so. So no, sitting down to an interview quickly doesn't prove what you think it proves. Two things can be true at the same time. Donald Trump can be a dishonable cretin and a corrupt morally bankrupt human being and not be guilty of collusion if he doesn't do what you think he should do.
If I was trump or his lawyers, I never would have allowed it. It would have been devastating for trump. They drug the negotiations out for over a year. they have also used this investigation to further rile up the Matt's of the world.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Who decided what sections of the report were redacted? Did the report come from the Mueller investigation team with these sections blacked out? Or did Barr and his office decide and remove them? Or someone else?

Matt

Reaction score
Who decided what sections of the report were redacted? Did the report come from the Mueller investigation team with these sections blacked out? Or did Barr and his office decide and remove them? Or someone else?

Muelller and Barr worked together to determine the redactions.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Schiff claims that had Mueller found evidence exonerating the president he would have said so. OK pencil neck, does that not imply had he found evidence of obstruction of justice, he would have also said so ? What a loser! Where's you're evidence you have said you had for two years ?

Matt

Reaction score
Most of the media today are too young and stupid to do their jobs properly. A bunch of buffoons!

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
Schiff claims that had Mueller found evidence exonerating the president he would have said so. OK pencil neck, does that not imply had he found evidence of obstruction of justice, he would have also said so ? What a loser! Where's you're evidence you have said you had for two years ?
There were multiple examples of obstruction detailed in the report. Your argument is completely invalid.

Matt

Reaction score
There were multiple examples of obstruction detailed in the report. Your argument is completely invalid.

Keep hanging on. Answer me this. Has anyone related to the Trump campaign been charged with or plead guilty to obstruction ? They may have. I just don't know.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Keep hanging on. Answer me this. Has anyone related to the Trump campaign been charged with or plead guilty to obstruction ? They may have. I just don't know.
That was part of the point. His staff wasn’t willing to do Trump’s dirty work. REad the report.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Matt, I seem to recall you believing Hillary obstructed justice. Can you explain how what Trump did is any different? Data was deleted. One of the great memories of all time had to use some form of “I do not recall” 37 times in his written answers.

37!

Matt

Reaction score
Matt, I seem to recall you believing Hillary obstructed justice. Can you explain how what Trump did is any different? Data was deleted. One of the great memories of all time had to use some form of “I do not recall” 37 times in his written answers.

37!

Did trump destroy any devices with a hammer ? Did he Bleachbit hard drives? Did he eliminate 30K emails ? Nope! Good try again!

gangstonc

Reaction score
Good try. I hope you recover soon.
1. Misleading statements about his ties to Russia and meetings with Russia
2. Asking Comey to end the investigation
3. Trying to stop Sessions from recusing
4. Trying to get Sessions to control the investigation.
5. Comey Firing
6. Mueller attempted firing
7. Sessions attempted firing
8. Witness tampering

There you go. Those things are in the public domain too. They are also in the report you haven’t read.

Last edited:

Evan

Reaction score

You should probably read the report. Mueller discussed the evidence he has that Trump obstructed justice in significant detail, and did so for each individual act/event of obstruction.

Evan

Reaction score
Then why did Mueller pass on it ?

Because DOJ precedent and the OLC memo on the indictment of a sitting President legally precluded him from seeking an indictment or filing charges.

This is all explained in detail in Mueller's report. Pretty obvious you haven't read it, and since you haven't, you're simply regurgitating the spin you consumed through a gazillion "Trump was vindicated" op-eds and Fox News segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back