• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
Mueller has turned in his report. Let’s hope it doesn’t show any major crimes.

Don't give me this line of B.S. You hope and pray every day this president has done something wrong so he can be impeached! No future indictments! Were you in tears like all the CNN and MSNBC folks ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
Don't give me this line of B.S. You hope and pray every day this president has done something wrong so he can be impeached! No future indictments! Were you in tears like all the CNN and MSNBC folks ?

No future indictments from the special counsel. There are still 17 other investigations ongoing.

We should never hope to have a treasonous President. If trump did in fact enter into a conspiracy with the Russians, he will have caused untold harm to our country and democracy. I would never wish that on the US.

I hope at some point he is jailed for his bank fraud and campaign finance crimes. I think he is a terrible person.

Matt

Reaction score
No future indictments from the special counsel. There are still 17 other investigations ongoing.

We should never hope to have a treasonous President. If trump did in fact enter into a conspiracy with the Russians, he will have caused untold harm to our country and democracy. I would never wish that on the US.

I hope at some point he is jailed for his bank fraud and campaign finance crimes. I think he is a terrible person.

For two years you have assured us the Trump campaign conspired and colluded with the Russians. Most of the media has driven this train right over the cliff. Will anyone who started this whole mess be held accountable. I don't care what is happening in SDNY. You and the dems have been saying Trump was guilty. Well, he's not. Any apologies forthcoming!

gangstonc

Reaction score
For two years you have assured us the Trump campaign conspired and colluded with the Russians. Most of the media has driven this train right over the cliff. Will anyone who started this whole mess be held accountable. I don't care what is happening in SDNY. You and the dems have been saying Trump was guilty. Well, he's not. Any apologies forthcoming!
I firmly believed Trump was guilty. I can’t ubderstand his need to lie so much about it, if he was truly innocent.

If he wouldn’t have lied so much, I would indeed apologize. However, I will try to learn from our president and never apologize.

Matt

Reaction score
I firmly believed Trump was guilty. I can’t ubderstand his need to lie so much about it, if he was truly innocent.

If he wouldn’t have lied so much, I would indeed apologize. However, I will try to learn from our president and never apologize.

So, you do not trust Mueller ? Good one chief!

gangstonc

Reaction score
So, you do not trust Mueller ? Good one chief!
I trust him completely. We haven’t seen his report yet, only Barr’s summary.

“The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

That’s a serious statement straight from Myeller’s report. Lots of digging left to be done.

Matt

Reaction score
I trust him completely. We haven’t seen his report yet, only Barr’s summary.

“The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

That’s a serious statement straight from Myeller’s report. Lots of digging left to be done.

You're a dem hack and bought the narrative. It was a lie from the very beginning. All because Hillary lost. Thanks God she did. Adam "Piece Of" Schiff has said for two years he has evidence of collusion. Why hasn't he produced it ? Because he does not have any evidence.

gangstonc

Reaction score

There is a lot of evidence of collusion in the public domain, such as manafort sharing polling data with Kilimnik. I believe that type of stuff is what Schiff is referring to.

gangstonc

Reaction score

There is a lot of evidence of collusion in the public domain, such as manafort sharing polling data with Kilimnik. I believe that type of stuff is what Schiff is referring to.
To further my earlier posts about trump lies, his latest tweet says the report completely exonerated him...

Matt

Reaction score

If it was illegal Mueller would have said so. Don't you agree ?

Arcadia

Reaction score
It literally did not. Read the quote I posted.

It was not mueller’s directive to describe all illegal activities. Only to describe if he was going to indict or not.

Cherry picking a quote and then not explaining the quote is disingenuous. But I'm beginning to wonder if you even read the summary or if you're just quoting a talking point. That quote has nothing to do with collusion but was referencing whether or not Trump was guilty of obstruction and it goes into a rather deep explanation, which to summarize says that after reviewing the Special Counsel's final report the AG and DAG concluded there was insufficient evidence and does not establish the President was involved in an underlying crime and in order for the government to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction they would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the President acted with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. They don't have that. Sorry to disappoint you. So yes, while technically, it's not an exoneration, it's also saying...there's no there there.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Cherry picking a quote and then not explaining the quote is disingenuous. But I'm beginning to wonder if you even read the summary or if you're just quoting a talking point. That quote has nothing to do with collusion but was referencing whether or not Trump was guilty of obstruction and it goes into a rather deep explanation, which to summarize says that after reviewing the Special Counsel's final report the AG and DAG concluded there was insufficient evidence and does not establish the President was involved in an underlying crime and in order for the government to obtain and sustain an obstruction conviction they would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the President acted with corrupt intent, engaged in obstructive conduct with a sufficient nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding. They don't have that. Sorry to disappoint you. So yes, while technically, it's not an exoneration, it's also saying...there's no there there.
Have you read Barr’s words on what constitutes obstruction by a president? He basically says it’s impossible. I’d like to see then Mueller report, not the Barr report.

I have trouble believing that it is obvious there was no collusion because other indictments have mentioned thinks like Manafort sharing polling data with Kilimnik. I believe it is entirely possible that Trump didn’t realize it was working with GRU members. I want to know why they lied about 102 meetings with Russians.

The Barr report exonerates the president. They Mueller report specifically and plainly does not. Obstruction is a serious crime.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
So why doesn"t Mueller get in front of a camera and microphone and say in his own words what the investigation discovered and answer questions from the press? What we are hearing filtered from the AG may have a pro-Trump embellishment and it may not. Seems like Mueller could end all the speculative commentary by public interview.

Arcadia

Reaction score
So you both think that Mueller is just quietly sitting back and letting Barr mutilate his findings? His two-year investigation?? The hell he would. Can we let reason prevail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back