• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
Looks like Trump is taking another pot shot at gun rights. Nominating a gun grabber to attorney general. And we were worried about Obama!

skelly

Reaction score
Opposition to the wall in know way means what is going on at the border is acceptable. It just means you don’t think the wall will help the situation.
Actually it does. Who (elected official) is opposing the wall but is willing to do anything? Who? I’m talking about anyone from any party...internet posters (you and I) not included but people with power to implement policy. They were all for it until they were against it.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Actually it does. Who (elected official) is opposing the wall but is willing to do anything? Who? I’m talking about anyone from any party...internet posters (you and I) not included but people with power to implement policy. They were all for it until they were against it.
It just doesn’t. I’m sorry. I get what you are saying, but the wall has nothing to do with border security.

skelly

Reaction score
It just doesn’t. I’m sorry. I get what you are saying, but the wall has nothing to do with border security.
To me that means that you believe that Trump, like most politicians, doesn’t actually care about border security. (If you consider this didn’t get done when Republicans held both houses.) However, Trumps wall notwithstanding, walls do work. Evidence the fact I sleep with my door locked. So a wall, or strategically placed wall, would work. Let’s be real I don’t mean a 2,000 mile long wall and I don’t think anyone does. But yes walls do work in a real sense. If there are bears about it’s different sleeping in a tent and a cabin. If walls don’t work then the Great Wall was just a government jobs program and the Berlin Wall didn’t need to come down.

gangstonc

Reaction score
To me that means that you believe that Trump, like most politicians, doesn’t actually care about border security. (If you consider this didn’t get done when Republicans held both houses.) However, Trumps wall notwithstanding, walls do work. Evidence the fact I sleep with my door locked. So a wall, or strategically placed wall, would work. Let’s be real I don’t mean a 2,000 mile long wall and I don’t think anyone does. But yes walls do work in a real sense. If there are bears about it’s different sleeping in a tent and a cabin. If walls don’t work then the Great Wall was just a government jobs program and the Berlin Wall didn’t need to come down.
Walls work because you are right there behind it, likely armed. That’s not the case with a border fence. It would have to be part of a huge monitoring system.

The Great Wall is in no way like what is going to be built here. There is also a few thousand years of technology on the side of people trying to get through now. Plus, have you seen the guard towers on the Great Wall?

The Berlin Wall worked because it was guarded. Walls don’t work unless they are watched.

Why don’t we put 5 billion into finding people who overstay visas?

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Is it not ironic that the elites and establishment pols in the UK and United States are trying do undo the 2016 elections in the respective countries. Ignore the will of the people at your peril!
Actually... the will of the people was Hillary by 3 mill... the will of the EC was Trump.

gangstonc

Reaction score
GIULIANI: Muellers people deleted 19,000 of Strzok and Pages SMS messages.

CUOMO: No, they recovered 19,000 SMS messages.

GIULIANI: But they were unable to recover the same number of SMS messages.

CUOMO: If they couldn't recover them how did they know how many there were?

gangstonc

Reaction score
If you want to know why trump wants the wall, look who is getting the steel contract. Then look who is a 40% owner. I’ll give you a hint, it rhymes with Meripaska. Also, who’s companies has the trump admin tried to lessen sanctions on during his entire term? Deripaska.

skelly

Reaction score
If you want to know why trump wants the wall, look who is getting the steel contract. Then look who is a 40% owner. I’ll give you a hint, it rhymes with Meripaska. Also, who’s companies has the trump admin tried to lessen sanctions on during his entire term? Deripaska.

I’m not obsessed with Trump. I do think we need some wall and we need to enforce US laws in regard to our border. If we have the goods on Trump then let’s have the impeachment already. I’m fine with Pence. If business and money involving foreign entities disqualifies you then all the connect the dot conspiracies would dq Clinton’s as well as most on either side as well.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I’m not obsessed with Trump. I do think we need some wall and we need to enforce US laws in regard to our border. If we have the goods on Trump then let’s have the impeachment already. I’m fine with Pence. If business and money involving foreign entities disqualifies you then all the connect the dot conspiracies would dq Clinton’s as well as most on either side as well.
So it’s fine for Trump to be corrupt because everybody else does it. Cool.

skelly

Reaction score
So it’s fine for Trump to be corrupt because everybody else does it. Cool.
When I said “if we have the goods on Trump let’s impeach him already” that’s what I meant. No toung in my cheek. If there’s grounds for an investigation then there’s grounds for impeachment. Time to stop making political hay out of it and impeach already. Seems like it’s time.

gangstonc

Reaction score
When I said “if we have the goods on Trump let’s impeach him already” that’s what I meant. No toung in my cheek. If there’s grounds for an investigation then there’s grounds for impeachment. Time to stop making political hay out of it and impeach already. Seems like it’s time.
It’s very early in the investigation.

It’s also not s conspiracy when we have as many indictments and guilty pleas as we do.

skelly

Reaction score
It’s very early in the investigation.

It’s also not s conspiracy when we have as many indictments and guilty pleas as we do.[/QUOTEDoesnt seem early to me. Seems like it’s been going on since he took office. I was referring to Trumps and Russia’s joint campaign. Is that not a conspiracy?

skelly

Reaction score
Seems like it’s been going on two years. I’d say if Trump and the Russians worked together then that is a conspiracy...

skelly

Reaction score
Two years is extremely short for an investigation of this size.

No it’s not. Impeachment does not require a longer investigation. Criminal investigation can go on if needed. Maybe he’ll pull a Nixon and resign before going through it. If half of what you have presented is true and people can testify to it, then the problem isn’t Trump it’s on the house not doing their constitutional duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back