• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadia

Reaction score
I think they should.

Politicians today take it too easy on each other for real stuff then blow dumb stuff out of proportion.

Do you disagree with Leahy?

I'll refer you back to Evan's post #2913, as I don't feel like I need to repeat what has already been said. More than once, mind you, just in different ways. I'll restate - if they think he's perjured himself then charge him. In fact, I'll wait for it with baited breath. By the same token, if Ford perjured herself, she too, should be charged. And it's very likely she did.

Evan

Reaction score
Matt, I'll admit I was wrong. I never thought Trump would get a 2nd pick or nominate anti-abortion justices. I will always be #NeverTrump and I'll never vote for him. We could've gotten the same result without Trump's baggage and damage to institutions.

But today I'm going to celebrate and also admit I was wrong. Roe isn't going to go away overnight. It will be a long and arduous battle and will be chipped away at piecemeal.

I like beer. I'll have one tonight in celebration that smear tactics didn't work to detail Judge Kavanaugh's nomination.

I still have concerns about about the veracity of a few of his answers, but I believe the context of the situation alleviates a number of them. I hope that Judge Kavanaugh serves in an independent, fair, rational, and bipartisan fashion, and I'll be the first to critisize him if his future SCOTUS decisions don't meet that metric.

Kory

Reaction score
Ben Shapiro hits the nail on the head.

Because Democrats revealed that they have no standards. “Believe all women” isn’t a standard — it’s a call for mob justice. Allegations require evidence. “Respect my story!” isn’t a standard — it’s a call for mob justice. Just because something bad happened to you doesn’t mean that a completely separate allegation is verifiable. “This is just a job interview!” isn’t a standard — it’s an excuse for destroying a man without having to go through the legal process to do so.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36798/kavanaugh-will-join-supreme-court-and-republicans-ben-shapiro

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I feel like the left-most Dems will be similarly motivated from the Kavanaugh confirmation. But these folks wouldn't flip if a hamburger was running for office. More importantly the moderates/independents will consider the ordeal to be dirty and be less likely to vote blue in November. In the end, probably a good boost for Republicans.
The question is, will this single event put two years of Trump scandals, investigations and incarcerations in the background?

Reaction score
Smoke Rise, AL (25 mi. N of downtown Birmingham)
I feel like the left-most Dems will be similarly motivated from the Kavanaugh confirmation. But these folks wouldn't flip if a hamburger was running for office. More importantly the moderates/independents will consider the ordeal to be dirty and be less likely to vote blue in November. In the end, probably a good boost for Republicans.
The question is, will this single event put two years of Trump scandals, investigations and incarcerations in the background?

Seems like people tend to focus on the latest firestorm in the news, so possibly. Trump is the fly in the ointment, since Lord only knows what he'll stir up in the coming weeks before the election. He's the only reason the Republicans are in such danger of losing the House. With a normal Republican in the WH and the economy doing well, seems like it should be a slam dunk for them to remain in power.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Seems like people tend to focus on the latest firestorm in the news, so possibly. Trump is the fly in the ointment, since Lord only knows what he'll stir up in the coming weeks before the election. He's the only reason the Republicans are in such danger of losing the House. With a normal Republican in the WH and the economy doing well, seems like it should be a slam dunk for them to remain in power.
You are exactly right. There is plenty of time for something else terrible that trump did to come out. With any other R in the WH, the republicans would pick up more seats in the house and senate.

Kory

Reaction score
Now that Kavanaugh is seated and will begin hearing cases, let's see him take on Trump's unconstitutional bump stock ban. I can't wait til his admin gets sued to high heaven and Kavanaugh rules against him. LOL.

Kory

Reaction score

gangstonc

Reaction score
I feel like that was said prior to the 2016 election that there was no way he could win....

Now, that doesn’t reflect what I think of him but it’s hard for me to take any New Yorker article seriously after that case of slander they published about Kavanaugh.
The basics of the Alfa bank story have been told in several other publications.

Matt

Reaction score
Matt, I'll admit I was wrong. I never thought Trump would get a 2nd pick or nominate anti-abortion justices. I will always be #NeverTrump and I'll never vote for him. We could've gotten the same result without Trump's baggage and damage to institutions.

But today I'm going to celebrate and also admit I was wrong. Roe isn't going to go away overnight. It will be a long and arduous battle and will be chipped away at piecemeal.

I like beer. I'll have one tonight in celebration that smear tactics didn't work to detail Judge Kavanaugh's nomination.

I still have concerns about about the veracity of a few of his answers, but I believe the context of the situation alleviates a number of them. I hope that Judge Kavanaugh serves in an independent, fair, rational, and bipartisan fashion, and I'll be the first to critisize him if his future SCOTUS decisions don't meet that metric.

Trump makes me cringe at times I will admit. But, you cannot deny the results. I think the chances are good he gets a third pick in this term or possibly his second. Yes, I do believe Trump will win another term. I do not believe he will be impeached. I think Mueller needs to wrap up his investigation and let the man go about doing his job. Trump fights back. Name me the last Republican president that did. Get on board Evan!

Matt

Reaction score

No "normal" Republican would or could achieve what Trump has in 20 months. No "normal" Republican would have beat Hillary like the dead horse she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back