• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I don't know. My Grandfather is 92 and I think he would be great at Cybersecurity if he wanted to get back in the workforce.
Like I said, there are exceptions. He is an exception just by being alive.

Congrats to him and you all for still having him! I am sure he is a blessing to your family. Enjoy every moment you can.

Matt

Reaction score
So? You think allowing Russia to have a freehand in Ukraine isn't analogous?

Either the President is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants, without any oversight, or he's not.

You sure preached a different message about Congress' power of the purse and oversight responsibilities when Obama was POTUS. Like I said, you want to ride the comet go right ahead. Just don't expect me to keep a straight face or ignore the abject hypocrisy of it.

I'm not upset with you, Matt. Neither do I dislike you. If anything, I'm just disappointed. You used to be self-aware and possessed a modicum of shame unlike a certain former-member here who overdosed on the Flavor-Aid long ago.

Now you're here chanting silly slogans just like Trump. As if that does anything other than make you appear to be chasing Hale Bopp. Snap out of it. This isn't a game, Matt. There's no need act like you're practicing for the coming white nights.

Obama had the freedom as president to drop 150 billion on Iran. Just says a lot about Obama and his lack of understanding about Irans reign of terror. Or, perhaps he does not care and supports a stronger more terroristic Iran.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Obama had the freedom as president to drop 150 billion on Iran. Just says a lot about Obama and his lack of understanding about Irans reign of terror. Or, perhaps he does not care and supports a stronger more terroristic Iran.
If by dropped you mean gave their own money back to them.

gangstonc

Reaction score
That money was a different government. The mullahs had no right to that money. Meanwhile, this is what Obama seems to be against.

So if a country owes us money under the Obama admin, they don't owe us under the Trump admin?

further, it was Iranian money to begin with that had been frozen. It was never another country's money. Stop believing trump.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
So if a country owes us money under the Obama admin, they don't owe us under the Trump admin?

further, it was Iranian money to begin with that had been frozen. It was never another country's money. Stop believing trump.

Do you understand where that money came from and why it was never given back? How many Presidents both Republican and Democrat held that money with never the intention of giving back.

Matt

Reaction score

He should have waited until the regime was overthrown. They will not use that money for the good of its citizens.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Do you understand where that money came from and why it was never given back? How many Presidents both Republican and Democrat held that money with never the intention of giving back.
My point is simply that it was not US money, so not equatable to the Ukraine aid.

gangstonc

Reaction score

It boggles my mind how trump is able to lie so easily. Combine his lying about Ukraine (because he has to) and latest polls, and we can see these hearings are not going well for him.

ABC/Ipsos poll:

70% of Americans believe Trump did something wrong

57% want him impeached

51% want him impeached *and* removed from office

21% made that decision this after last weeks hearings- this is important!

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
My point is simply that it was not US money, so not equatable to the Ukraine aid.

It was our Money. Barack Just decided to give it back to them. But you answered my question. You do not know what it was for.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

It boggles my mind how trump is able to lie so easily. Combine his lying about Ukraine (because he has to) and latest polls, and we can see these hearings are not going well for him.

ABC/Ipsos poll:

70% of Americans believe Trump did something wrong

57% want him impeached

51% want him impeached *and* removed from office

21% made that decision this after last weeks hearings- this is important!

As I said before if you want to prosecute Joe Biden, then you may have leverage to Impeach and Prosecute Donald Trump. If you do not prosecute Joe Biden, then the precedent was set and you cannot prosecute Donald Trump. Pick your poison.

gangstonc

Reaction score
As I said before if you want to prosecute Joe Biden, then you may have leverage to Impeach and Prosecute Donald Trump. If you do not prosecute Joe Biden, then the precedent was set and you cannot prosecute Donald Trump. Pick your poison.
It's not congress or the dems or the republicans job to prosecute joe biden.

gangstonc

Reaction score
It was our Money. Barack Just decided to give it back to them. But you answered my question. You do not know what it was for.

I don't know what else to say besides, "read this."

Again, it doesn't in any way relate to what Trump did with Ukraine. I don't know why we are discussing it.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

I don't know what else to say besides, "read this."

Again, it doesn't in any way relate to what Trump did with Ukraine. I don't know why we are discussing it.

So that article is partially correct. Yes that 400 million was paid by Iran for military equipment and support. Iran did receive some of the planes but then repair parts where never sold to Iran because of the anti US Regime that was put in place. This has been there since the 70's and no U.S. President believed that this money belonged to IRAN. 1.8 Billion dollars did not belong to Iran. it belonged to the United States due to Iran forfeiting on their contract with the U.S. The 150 billion is an distraction to the 1.8 billion dollar gift that Obama gave to Iran.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So that article is partially correct. Yes that 400 million was paid by Iran for military equipment and support. Iran did receive some of the planes but then repair parts where never sold to Iran because of the anti US Regime that was put in place. This has been there since the 70's and no U.S. President believed that this money belonged to IRAN. 1.8 Billion dollars did not belong to Iran. it belonged to the United States due to Iran forfeiting on their contract with the U.S. The 150 billion is an distraction to the 1.8 billion dollar gift that Obama gave to Iran.

Note the line about the 1.8 billion. They paid, we didn't deliver. Do you have any sources?

Evan

Reaction score

Evan

Reaction score

Note the line about the 1.8 billion. They paid, we didn't deliver. Do you have any sources?

But it's really irrelevant. I'm in full agreement that Trump, and a number of Republicans, have said incredibly misleading things about Obama's transfer of those funds to Iran. They were absolutely wrong to do so and it wasn't even necessary considering there is plenty of legitimate criticism to make.

Money is fungible. We should've never sent that money to Iran as long as the current theocracy is in power. They're simply going to use it to support terrorism and undermine American interests. Matt is right -- it won't ever be used to help the Iranian people. They killed a lot of our soldiers in Iraq. As long as the regime responsible is in power they shouldn't see a dime of those funds.

gangstonc

Reaction score
But it's really irrelevant. I'm in full agreement that Trump, and a number of Republicans, have said incredibly misleading things about Obama's transfer of those funds to Iran. They were absolutely wrong to do so and it wasn't even necessary considering there is plenty of legitimate criticism to make.

Money is fungible. We should've never sent that money to Iran as long as the current theocracy is in power. They're simply going to use it to support terrorism and undermine American interests. Matt is right -- it won't ever be used to help the Iranian people. They killed a lot of our soldiers in Iraq. As long as the regime responsible is in power they shouldn't see a dime of those funds.
My point the entire time is that it is irrelevant and does not relate to a Trump’s current situation with Ukraine.

however,everything obama did with the money was legal, if stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back