• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Evan

Reaction score
Classy! Are you aware of the context of that remark ?

I'm not a Baby Boomer, so I don't go by what I randomly see on Facebook. So, yes, I'm aware of the context of the remark.

I'm sorry my joke isn't up to your usual standards of class -- e.g. your constant implications that Michelle Obama is a transexual.

Evan

Reaction score
Deflected like a true Trump worshipper.

As we close in on Independence Day, you should be reminded that it's long been an American tradition to worship men credibly accused of rape by over two dozen women.

Just kidding! It's actually a brand new tradition brought to us by those of unimpeachable moral character like Jerry Falwell Jr, Chuck Woolery, and the guy who wrote Dilbert.

Evan

Reaction score
Oh, so we hate Ivanka too. Good luck Evan.

She's affiliated with the White House due to nepotism alone. She's in no way qualified to be an advisor to the President, and she's certainly not qualified to conduct foreign policy with world leaders. Of course I have a problem with Ivanka Trump. The bigger question, however, is why don't you???

gangstonc

Reaction score
She's affiliated with the White House due to nepotism alone. She's in no way qualified to be an advisor to the President, and she's certainly not qualified to conduct foreign policy with world leaders. Of course I have a problem with Ivanka Trump. The bigger question, however, is why don't you???
ALSo, why were Obama’s kids fair game when they didn’t have a role in govt at all?

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Previous administrations have shown that appointing qualified people is ineffective. Trump is trying something different!

gangstonc

Reaction score
Please tell me how this is helping? Or how is this legal?

Asylum seekers are allowed into the US. That’s the problem with all of this. Not all of these people in the camps are illegal. Many are asylum seekers who are protected by international law.

I don’t know how it helps anything

Jacob

Reaction score
Asylum seekers are allowed into the US. That’s the problem with all of this. Not all of these people in the camps are illegal. Many are asylum seekers who are protected by international law.

I don’t know how it helps anything

Very few are true asylum seekers. Most have been coached to exploit the asylum loophole in the system.

Kory

Reaction score
I’m just very confused by the Democrats. All of them claim how we need to let anyone and everyone seeking refuge to cross the border into the US and that it is legal. Okay. Well, if we’re encouraging that, we need places to hold these people and more funding for a judicial system to process claims. They start throwing their hands in the air and stomping their feet about how we need less beds, less care and less funding immigration enforcement is bad. Wait, what? You can’t have both. IF this is a route we’re going to take, you can’t obstruct funding for holding centers and to bolster the legal system to process claims of people you’re encouraging across the border.

Kory

Reaction score
Very few are true asylum seekers. Most have been coached to exploit the asylum loophole in the system.
This. If we had the proper judicial resources to process these claims, a lot would probably be exposed as BS. But, then, is there any penalty for falsely claiming something? If I reported something to law enforcement that wasn't true, I'd be held accountable (unless I'm a gay, black man named Jussie Smollett). I'm not sure if its even possible to do that with BS asylum claims.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I’m just very confused by the Democrats. All of them claim how we need to let anyone and everyone seeking refuge to cross the border into the US and that it is legal. Okay. Well, if we’re encouraging that, we need places to hold these people and more funding for a judicial system to process claims. They start throwing their hands in the air and stomping their feet about how we need less beds, less care and less funding immigration enforcement is bad. Wait, what? You can’t have both. IF this is a route we’re going to take, you can’t obstruct funding for holding centers and to bolster the legal system to process claims of people you’re encouraging across the border.
They don’t really want the problem solved. They want to exploit the problem for political gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back