• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
I’m sure free healthcare will be up there with the Trump/Hitler comments.

Swalwell is there, so maybe a couple nuke Americans comments? And some incoherent screeching about assault rifles and semi-auto guns.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Only been watching the past fifteen minutes but so far the debate seems pretty civil. I'm hoping the more reasonable moderate & realistic candidates get some recognition instead of the buzzword extremophiles, *cough* Warren *cough*.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Only been watching the past fifteen minutes but so far the debate seems pretty civil. I'm hoping the more reasonable moderate & realistic candidates get some recognition instead of the buzzword extremophiles, *cough* Warren *cough*.

I could actually get behind Warren's plan to outlaw for-profit prisons and election reform(at least parts of it)

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I could actually get behind Warren's plan to outlaw for-profit prisons and election reform(at least parts of it)
I agree, privatized prisons profiting from incarceration is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Kory

Reaction score
Well... I guess that means he was watching it. I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I've only seen a few clips. I have no desire to watch a debate to see how much each candidate can top the other when it comes to "free" stuff funded on the backs of taxpayers. The pandering that took place last night was an art form.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Sanders got called out, would the government buy up all the assault rifles he wants to ban? He seemed to not want to answer that.

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't watch but I heard Biden did not come off very well in the debate

Evan

Reaction score
I didn't watch but I heard Biden did not come off very well in the debate

He struggled. He sounded confused and stuttered through a lot of answers. Even though he handled Swalwell's clownish age attack quite well, he showed his age tonight a lot more than I expected.

A lot of people were impressed with Harris. I wasn't. She's yet another candidate proposing authoritarian solutions and expanded executive power. She also acted like a total fraud in claiming forced busing is the only way she was allowed to attend a good school. Look up her background. Her parents were fairly wealthy academics, and she lived in Canada from age 12+.

You can tell that there is a dividing line between candidates that try to propose rational solutions that are actually possible and those that just propose whatever they think voters want to hear. Biden, Buttigieg, Bennett, Delaney, Klobuchar, Ryan, Beto, and a couple of others fall into the first category (although Biden's call for smart guns was a whopper). Sanders, Harris, Warren, Booker, and Castro fall into the latter. America should want someone from that first list to go up against Trump, but we're probably going to get someone from the latter list. And they're going to take complete advantage of Trump's expansion of the Executive branch and propensity to govern via penstroke.

It's notable that there's not a single Democratic candidate that is Pro-Life but at least a few like Biden, Buttigieg, and some of the lesser names have at least always supported a goal to reduce abortions or some restrictions. That said, the Democratic party also know evidently does believe in allowing in anyone that wants to come and giving them free healthcare once they make it in. The leftward shift is abundantly clear.

I always said the only way Trump could win would be if the Dems go crazy hard left, and there's no denying that's what a majority of the candidates represent.

Kory

Reaction score
Sanders got called out, would the government buy up all the assault rifles he wants to ban? He seemed to not want to answer that.
I want to know where the hell he’s getting all this money from? Free healthcare, free college, student loan buyout. Add on a rifle buyback. This guy is an absolute lunatic.

Kory

Reaction score
I love how the Dems are so defensive of a “right” that was solely do a warped interpretation of the Constitution (abortion). But, when it comes to a clearly enumerated right (to possess firearms), who cares if we trample on it?

There is no consistency or reason to their platform. It seems solely based on emotion and feelings. No logic.

Jacob

Reaction score
Basically what I’ve gathered is the Dem candidates want to
  • Expand the welfare state (significantly)
  • Decriminalize illegal immigration, I.e. open borders.
I don’t agree with either, but you can at least make an argument for one or the other. You cannot make a logical, real-world argument for both.

Kory

Reaction score
Basically what I’ve gathered is the Dem candidates want to
  • Expand the welfare state (significantly)
  • Decriminalize illegal immigration, I.e. open borders.
I don’t agree with either, but you can at least make an argument for one or the other. You cannot make a logical, real-world argument for both.
We’re already headed to financial collapse from exponentially increasing debt. They would only accelerate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo 468x120
Back