• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Again... That's a matter of perspective. The left would argue that their policies are more about the betterment of humanity, equality, climate protection, etc... And that's more important to them than a countries economy.
Good point. You are right.

KoD

Staff member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Not only are they going to repeat them, they are going to compound them by nominating a far left kook that promises everything to everyone.
Trump said during his reelection campaign speech in Florida that we will cure cancer, eradicate AIDS and land on Mars. I'm sure his promises are more reliable than everyone else's.
I'm sure he realizes that AIDS is also caused by diseases other than HIV.

Evan

Reaction score
He's BAAAACCCKKKK.

We all knew he was going to do it, but Roy Moore is officially running again for Senate. Roy sure does have a massive ego doesn't he? Most pols would've quit by now having been rejected repeatedly by Alabama voters

I think it's hilarious that even Trump and Don Jr. realize how toxic Roy Moore is. What are you going to do, Matt? Trump and Don Jr. said you can't vote for Roy.

I actually think Roy will struggle to raise money and won't the primary as long as not that many additional candidates don't run for the GOP nomination. Roy's strength was always among rural Conservative Christians, but they're not about to pick a man of God over Trump.

Evan

Reaction score
Truly a disgusting and pathetic situation:

https://apnews.com/46da2dbe04f54adb...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

It really is sad that these children have become political pawns. Their safety and well-being are not a priority for Trump and his administration, and the Democrats benefit politically from the quagmire that has resulted. It's a damn shame that the only people who seem to care are attorneys, volunteers, and aid/activist groups. Your average American (myself included) sits in their comfortable home with plenty of food, water, Starbucks, and a cozy bed and does nothing to protect these kids.

This is not America.

Reaction score
Demoncrats ALMOST had Trump making his own 'Big Mistake'-which Putin has warned of Catastrophic results. Thankfully he had 2nd thoughts and thought for himself.

WASHINGTON — President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m. Thursday, military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president’s top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.
Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.
The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off, a senior administration official said. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down, the official said.

[For Trump, “judgment time is coming” on how to respond to Iran.]
The abrupt reversal put a halt to what would have been the president’s third military action against targets in the Middle East. Mr. Trump had struck twice at targets in Syria, in 2017 and 2018.
It was not clear whether Mr. Trump simply changed his mind on the strikes or whether the administration altered course because of logistics or strategy. It was also not clear whether the attacks might still go forward.
Asked about the plans for a strike and the decision to hold back, the White House declined to comment, as did Pentagon officials. No government officials asked The New York Times to withhold the article.
The retaliation plan was intended as a response to the shooting down of the unmanned, $130 million surveillance drone, which was struck Thursday morning by an Iranian surface-to-air missile, according to a senior administration official who was briefed on the military planning and spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss confidential plans.
The strike was set to take place just before dawn Friday in Iran to minimize risk to the Iranian military or to civilians.

ARCC

Reaction score
Demoncrats ALMOST had Trump making his own 'Big Mistake'-which Putin has warned of Catastrophic results. Thankfully he had 2nd thoughts and thought for himself.

Eh, I dont know. I dont believe in the "4D chess" that many people suggest Trump is using, but this sounds like a prepared action to send a message to Iran from the Pentegon and then leaked to media on purpose. For instance, this part:

Asked about the plans for a strike and the decision to hold back, the White House declined to comment, as did Pentagon officials. No government officials asked The New York Times to withhold the article.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Truly a disgusting and pathetic situation:

https://apnews.com/46da2dbe04f54adb...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

It really is sad that these children have become political pawns. Their safety and well-being are not a priority for Trump and his administration, and the Democrats benefit politically from the quagmire that has resulted. It's a damn shame that the only people who seem to care are attorneys, volunteers, and aid/activist groups. Your average American (myself included) sits in their comfortable home with plenty of food, water, Starbucks, and a cozy bed and does nothing to protect these kids.

This is not America.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Eh, I dont know. I dont believe in the "4D chess" that many people suggest Trump is using, but this sounds like a prepared action to send a message to Iran from the Pentegon and then leaked to media on purpose. For instance, this part:
At this point, it’s possible that maybe we shouldn’t have pulled out of the Iran deal...

Reaction score
At this point, it’s possible that maybe we shouldn’t have pulled out of the Iran deal...

Well I feel the original deal was bogus so he was right to get out of it but he should have known how to make something to replace it that works for everybody so now we are just where we were before at a more volatile time. I really think Trump has the best of intentions but his lack of experience and not knowing how to properly get laws passed is proving disastrous in several areas including key foreign relations as well as immigration. The rest of the govt is going behind his back and doing major things without informing him! He's probably gonna win in 2020 because what do the democrats have to compete so far? All this is gonna do is delay the inevitable which is total left takeover from 2024 onward and elections will be pointless thereafter. Trump needs better advisers who know what they are doing to get things done and help him out-hes lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back