• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Reaction score
Now the dems are bringing up reparations. A bunch of pandering idiots. OK, if you want to bring it up I believe those responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK and the rest should be responsible for paying them. My ancestors from Ireland did not arrive in this country until the 1870's. I should not have to pay. The democrat party should pay.

Mike S

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Trump has done a lot of “major” bad things with actual substance and it hasn’t mattered.

I'm talking an undeniable, not up for discussion smoking gun that by necessity will turn Republicans against him and lead to his impeachment(which I don't think is happening).

gangstonc

Reaction score
I'm talking an undeniable, not up for discussion smoking gun that by necessity will turn Republicans against him and lead to his impeachment(which I don't think is happening).
I don’t think there is something that he could do. He was right when he said he could murder somebody and his base wouldn’t care.

Kory

Reaction score
It’s not the smartest term to use, but it is technically correct.
I disagree. And she was going to hyperbolic factor. It’s an absolute insult and disgrace to holocaust survivors. You don’t need to spit in the face of genocide victims to get the point across about inhumane living conditions for border detainees.

Combine that with the “Never Again” slogan used, she wasn’t aiming for whatever “technically correct” term.

Funny how someone who props up an anti-Semite Democratic colleague uses a genocidal event driven by anti-Semitism as a politicking point.

gangstonc

Reaction score
I disagree. And she was going to hyperbolic factor. It’s an absolute insult and disgrace to holocaust survivors. You don’t need to spit in the face of genocide victims to get the point across about inhumane living conditions for border detainees.

Combine that with the “Never Again” slogan used, she wasn’t aiming for whatever “technically correct” term.

Funny how someone who props up an anti-Semite Democratic colleague uses a genocidal event driven by anti-Semitism as a politicking point.
Concentration camps are far from an exclusively nazi thing.

Kory

Reaction score

gangstonc

Reaction score
Let’s not act ignorant of the fact she used a slogan referring the holocaust. She was insinuating Nazi concentration camps.
I didn’t catch the slogan. What was it? And again, these camps meet the standard historians views of a concentration camp. Not a smart choice be her, but not technically incorrect.

Regardless, why are people more angry about what this freshman idiot has said rather than the children that have died in the camps?

Last edited:

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Matt will be here very soon to say I got it wrong in 2016. I said repeatedly back then that Trump *could* win but that I thought he'd perform the worst against Hillary out of the other potential GOP nominees. As it got closer to the election, I thought that Trump was unlikely to win. But I also didn't know Russia was running a massive Pro-Trump influence campaign nor did I know how spineless GOP hacks like Rubio and Cruz are. Last, but not least, I also didn't know that numerous Evangelicals held absolutely hypocritical beliefs.
This phenomenon has really been perplexing to me because this is the faith community of my heritage. A friend of mine who also has an evangelical heritage and has always been a conservative voting Republican but has seen through the charade of Trump stated it pretty well...
"If nothing else, the past few years have shown us that even those who might've shared the same pews for decades have completely different notions of morals, character, and "godliness". It is what it is, I reckon. The chase and taste of power is completely intoxicating, even to those whose lips would never take a sip of alcohol."

Kory

Reaction score
I didn’t catch the slogan. What was it? And again, these camps meet the standard historians views of a concentration camp. Not a smart choice be her, but not technically incorrect.

Regardless, why are people more angry about what this freshman idiot has said rather than the children that have died in the camps?
I’m not reposting it. You can reread my previous post.

Secondly, this same freshman congresswoman didn’t want to give more funding for additional migrant detention centers with additional staff leading to overcrowding and lack of care. She’d rather stand on the graves of the children who have died and use that as political gain. She’d rather insult victims of genocide by trivializing the attempt of complete extermination of a people. All while propping up a wave of Anti-Semitism that grips the freshman democrats.

That’s why I am angry. I have enough brain power to be saddened and angry that people, PEOPLE, are being used a political bargaining chip to attain votes.

Last edited:

gangstonc

Reaction score
I’m not reposting it. You can reread my previous post.

Secondly, this same freshman congresswoman didn’t want to give more funding for additional migrant detention centers with additional staff leading to overcrowding and lack of care. She’d rather stand on the graves of the children who have died and use that as political gain. She’d rather insult victims of genocide by trivializing the attempt of complete extermination of a people. All while propping up a wave of Anti-Semitism that grips the freshman democrats.

That’s why I am angry. I have enough brain power to be saddened and angry that people, PEOPLE, are being used a political bargaining chip to attain votes.

Sorry, I didn’t notice the “never again” slogan in your first post.
I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Especially if you see that Trump is using these people as well to make his base happy, even if they die.

Matt

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn’t notice the “never again” slogan in your first post.
I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Especially if you see that Trump is using these people as well to make his base happy, even if they die.

This is a stupid remark!

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
I don't disagree with much of what you said, but I think the wildcard is just how hard to the left do the Democrats pivot between now and the election. It's unfortunate that Trump will be on the Republican ticket against this leftist wave, because I think the Democrats hard left turn has turned off much of America, but the alternative option for those who are turned off by that is....Trump.
Yeah that's pretty accurate.
I think the portraited Democrats are as hard left as the portraited Republicans are hard right. It's just a matter of perspective.
The biggest problem IMO is the lack of compromise on both sides. Democrats won't give a gram or ounce to the Republicans. Republicans won't give up a grain or pebble to the Democrats. They both go extreme in the hopes of meeting in the middle and end up further in isolation to one another. Now we have no middle ground candidates and everyone's biding for their teams "base" not as a foundation but as the small landslide that elects them.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty accurate.
I think the portraited Democrats are as hard left as the portraited Republicans are hard right. It's just a matter of perspective.
The biggest problem IMO is the lack of compromise on both sides. Democrats won't give a gram or ounce to the Republicans. Republicans won't give up a grain or pebble to the Democrats. They both go extreme in the hopes of meeting in the middle and end up further in isolation to one another. Now we have no middle ground candidates and everyone's biding for their teams "base" not as a foundation but as the small landslide that elects them.
And the hard right at least tends to give us a good economy. The hard left doesn’t offer much at all.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
And the hard right at least tends to give us a good economy. The hard left doesn’t offer much at all.
Again... That's a matter of perspective. The left would argue that their policies are more about the betterment of humanity, equality, climate protection, etc... And that's more important to them than a countries economy.

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Have you seen the crowds this morning ? Over 100K applied for tickets ! Folks love Black Friday don't they ?

ZLFFaD4h.jpg

sgVE58Hh.jpg

Fake news everybody, fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back