• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Barr: I didn’t get the impression Mueller wanted to kick this to Congress.

Mueller:

“We concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice”

Skimming the report - it’s bad for Trump, but it is worse for Barr. Barr should be impeached.

Last edited:

ARCC

Reaction score
Reading the summary of the report from TWP, it appears to me the conclusion is that if you believe Trump you still believe Trump, if you didn't you still don't believe Trump.

Big shocker and Mueller and team says thanks for the money.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Reading the summary of the report from TWP, it appears to me the conclusion is that if you believe Trump you still believe Trump, if you didn't you still don't believe Trump.

Big shocker and Mueller and team says thanks for the money.
Read the actual report. It's pretty damning. Worse than even I expected.

ARCC

Reaction score
Read the actual report. It's pretty damning. Worse than even I expected.

And you fall into the "don't believe Trump" camp. From my perspective, if The Washington Post wasn't going nuts about the report proving collusion or obstruction, there must not be much proving it.

gangstonc

Reaction score
And you fall into the "don't believe Trump" camp. From my perspective, if The Washington Post wasn't going nuts about the report proving collusion or obstruction, there must not be much proving it.
Just read the report. The report says the trump campaign worked with Russians, but didn't have an explicit agreement to do so. It was done on a wink and a nod. Also plenty of evidence for obstruction charges including lying, asking for loyalty from comey, trying to fire Mueller, asking comey to drop the Flynn investigation, floating pardons to manafort.

The report says the reason why Trump's camp wasn't charged with collusion is they wouldn't be able to prove the "willful" part of the statues. As far as obstruction, Mueller explicitly left that up to Congress.

All said, it doesn't really matter because the Senate would never vote to impeach with Trump's approval rating sitting at 42%. It would have to drop into the mid 30's.

What is important is that Mueller passed off 14 investigations. We only know about 2 of them. That's a lot of outstanding investigations.

ARCC

Reaction score
Just read the report. The report says the trump campaign worked with Russians, but didn't have an explicit agreement to do so. It was done on a wink and a nod. Also plenty of evidence for obstruction charges including lying, asking for loyalty from comey, trying to fire Mueller, asking comey to drop the Flynn investigation, floating pardons to manafort.

The report says the reason why Trump's camp wasn't charged with collusion is they wouldn't be able to prove the "willful" part of the statues. As far as obstruction, Mueller explicitly left that up to Congress.

All said, it doesn't really matter because the Senate would never vote to impeach with Trump's approval rating sitting at 42%. It would have to drop into the mid 30's.

What is important is that Mueller passed off 14 investigations. We only know about 2 of them. That's a lot of outstanding investigations.

So my first statement was correct in that they pretty much gave nods to both sides to appease both sides without having the guts to try to make a charge stick or to say he did nothing wrong. He pretty much said here is what "could" have been collusion or obstruction, y'all fight it out and I'm taking my money to the house.

Like I said, big shocker.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So my first statement was correct in that they pretty much gave nods to both sides to appease both sides without having the guts to try to make a charge stick or to say he did nothing wrong. He pretty much said here is what "could" have been collusion or obstruction, y'all fight it out and I'm taking my money to the house.

Like I said, big shocker.
That's exactly what he was supposed to do.

gangstonc

Reaction score
And Hillary still isn't in jail.
And the report mentioned Trump staff deleting emails and documents the special counsel asked for. Trump and Hillary are the same thing.

Remember how many times Hillary "did not recall?" Read Trump's responses to Mueller's questions. The man claimed not to remember anything. Again, he and Hillary are the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back