• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Archive 2017-2019 Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kory

Reaction score
Those statements don’t really back up that you have to claim asylum in the first country you reach.

Yes the Democrats were wrong when they said it wasn’t a problem. My point is that our govt hs a history of kicking the can down the road with these things. However, that doesn’t mean Trump’s response is correct.
I can't think of one pressing issue our government has actually tackled head on before it became a massive issue.

Matt

Reaction score
Those statements don’t really back up that you have to claim asylum in the first country you reach.

Yes the Democrats were wrong when they said it wasn’t a problem. My point is that our govt hs a history of kicking the can down the road with these things. However, that doesn’t mean Trump’s response is correct.

How many are you willing to house while they await their hearing ?

KoD

Staff member
Sustaining Member
PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
https://t.co/jOD1TF5GYI

Lots and lots of smoke. This makes Trump look guilty as sin.
  • March 2016: Manafort joins Trump campaign as an advisor
  • March 2016: Manafort meets with Assange in person
  • June 9, 2016: Trump Tower meeting
  • June 20, 2016: Manafort is appointed Trump's campaign manager
  • July 2016: Wikileaks releases hacked DNC emails

Arcadia

Reaction score

Do you have to claim asylum in the first country you reach? No. As I said, it is an established rule. But a country also doesn't have to accept your claim. If you read the guidelines you'd understand the whys and hows. As an asylum seeker, a responsiblity is also required of them, namely obeying the rule of law of the country they wish to enter, among other things. Once they picked up rocks and started hurling them at the border agents.... we owed them nothing.

No one here has said the government hasn't kicked this can down the road. When was that even mentioned? I'm pretty sure we are all in agreement on that. What I take issue with is coddling migrants who have shown to have a disregard for my fellow countrymen by endangering their lives, and saying we need to do xyz to make things better for them. Which seemed to be the temperature in the forum yesterday.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Do you have to claim asylum in the first country you reach? No. As I said, it is an established rule. But a country also doesn't have to accept your claim. If you read the guidelines you'd understand the whys and hows. As an asylum seeker, a responsiblity is also required of them, namely obeying the rule of law of the country they wish to enter, among other things. Once they picked up rocks and started hurling them at the border agents.... we owed them nothing.

No one here has said the government hasn't kicked this can down the road. When was that even mentioned? I'm pretty sure we are all in agreement on that. What I take issue with is coddling migrants who have shown to have a disregard for my fellow countrymen by endangering their lives, and saying we need to do xyz to make things better for them. Which seemed to be the temperature in the forum yesterday.
I don’t think you will find anything I have posted that disagrees with what you said.

gangstonc

Reaction score
  • March 2016: Manafort joins Trump campaign as an advisor
  • March 2016: Manafort meets with Assange in person
  • June 9, 2016: Trump Tower meeting
  • June 20, 2016: Manafort is appointed Trump's campaign manager
  • July 2016: Wikileaks releases hacked DNC emails
But no collusion!

Matt

Reaction score
StarvingRefugee.jpeg

Arcadia

Reaction score
I don’t think you will find anything I have posted that disagrees with what you said.

So you didn't want to send FEMA trailers, judges, and MREs down to them? And when someone said, "Asylum seekers obey the law" you didn't respond with..."Not necessarily"...? Because that sounds like a defense in bad behavior to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that wasn't you.

gangstonc

Reaction score
So you didn't want to send FEMA trailers, judges, and MREs down to them? And when someone said, "Asylum seekers obey the law" you didn't respond with..."Not necessarily"...? Because that sounds like a defense in bad behavior to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe that wasn't you.
That’s not defending bad behavior at all. The entire group isn’t behaving poorly. Those behaving poorly need to be dealt with appropriately. Those waiting to cross in an orderly fashion need to be dealt with appropriately.

And saying asylum seekers don’t necessarily obey the law is me saying these may not be good people.

Matt

Reaction score
Did mueller know manafort was lying 10 days ago, and then after he got trump’s answers, decide to spill the beans?

Manafort is being accused of lying by Mueller because he is not saying what Mueller wants him to say. He(Mueller) is ratcheting up the pressure. Mueller is a bad cop. He is currently being investigated by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for framing a conservative man on gun charges.

gangstonc

Reaction score
Manafort is being accused of lying by Mueller because he is not saying what Mueller wants him to say. He(Mueller) is ratcheting up the pressure. Mueller is a bad cop. He is currently being investigated by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for framing a conservative man on gun charges.
We will see where that goes. Official Letterhead!

gangstonc

Reaction score
Jereome Corsi turned down a plea deal from mueller because he refused to sign a statement that was not true. I suspect Manafort is acting similarly.
Jerome Corsi came up with the birther theory. He lives a lie.

Why are you so quick to attack Mueller and believe those on the trump team?

Mueller has done nothing but secure guilty pleas. Trump's team has been proven to have lied about several things.

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
Jerome Corsi came up with the birther theory. He lives a lie.

Why are you so quick to attack Mueller and believe those on the trump team?

Mueller has done nothing but secure guilty pleas. Trump's team has been proven to have lied about several things.

The birther issue has no bearing on the fact he turned down a plea deal. Mueller wanted him to admit to something that was not true.

Mueller is conflicted and should not have accepted the job. His charge was to get Trump at all cost. He hired thirteen Hillary/DNC lawyers as his staff. That is why ?

gangstonc

Reaction score
The birther issue has no bearing on the fact he turned down a plea deal. Mueller wanted him to admit to something that was not true.

Mueller is conflicted and should not have accepted the job. His charge was to get Trump at all cost. He hired thirteen Hillary/DNC lawyers as his staff. That is why ?
Mueller has more evidence than Corsi does. Why would you believe Corsi when he pushed the birther lie?

Mueller is not conflicted. He is a republican that has the experience necessary to do the job. He is far less conflicted than Whittaker. His charge was to investigate, not to "get."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back