• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Mad Mike Hughes

StormStalker

Staff member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So, Mike "Mad Mike" Hughes launched himself in a homemade rocket the other day only to have the parachute separate from the vehicle as it cleared the launch apparatus. With no parachute, the rocket climbed and then fell back to earth in a violent landing. Mad Mike didn't survive the crash but this was not his first launch. You would think a couple well placed gopro cameras would have been a better option than trying to launch himself. The video is out there but i won't link it as some my find it disturbing. Here is an article about launch and its failure.

https://www.space.com/mad-mike-fatal-homemade-rocket-launch-flat-earth-theory.html

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That was a tough video to watch. I'll give him credit, he had balls to do something like that more than once. I know after his first launch he was in a lot of pain due to a hard landing. I was sure he wouldn't do it again but sadly he did.

Back