• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

Alabama Skywarn repeaters?

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
So an interesting combination of factors are developing for me for this year's Southeast severe weather season: the weather (see weather thread), I've upgraded my chasing capability, and I have a stupid amount of vacation to take. All of this combined means I'm thinking of expanding my chase turf. Typically I haven't gone farther from Atlanta than the Alabama line across toward Macon. I'm well setup for Georgia, the Georgia Skywarn webpage puts all the repeater information right there and when there are tornado warnings, they link nicely to WX4PTC there at the FFC office. But I can't find anything similar for Alabama, does something like that exist? It seems for Alabama there are a scattering of local repeaters, but it's not clear if they report back to BHM, HSV, or even MOB like Georgia Skywarn does.

Thanks!

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

MattW

Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KG4GUF
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Jay, now it's my turn to apologize. I forgot I even wrote this topic until I happened to glance at the non-weather forums, which I very rarely do. Thank you for posting that information! It seems Alabama is a lot more decentralized than Georgia is.

Back