• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

ADEM refuses to answer questions about massive fish kill

ARCC

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how this turns out. ADEM has had a decent amount of turn over atleast on the drinking water side. I'm not sure about the WW side. Truth be told there likely isn't much they can do besides slap fines on Tyson which will have to be investigated to see what was a fault.

Kory

Reaction score
ADEM doesn't give a hoot about the public health issues related to the environment in Alabama. They need new leadership desperately.

skelly

Reaction score
I’m truly afraid that they would be willing to wait it out until the public forgets and then nothing be done about it or about preventing future events. Also the fact that state agency bureaucracies are made up of friends and campaign workers and not qualified people for the portended area. It happens.

ARCC

Reaction score
I’m truly afraid that they would be willing to wait it out until the public forgets and then nothing be done about it or about preventing future events. Also the fact that state agency bureaucracies are made up of friends and campaign workers and not qualified people for the portended area. It happens.

Like I said, I dont believe much can be done about it now that its done. The fish kill was very likely from the result of massive bacteria growth that zapped dissolved oxygen. To be honest, they probably need to come out and make a statement, but if the spill was a freak event and not due to badly maintained lines there really isnt much they can do on that front either.

As far as future issues go, that is the dark side of infrastructure that no one wants to talk about.

Back