• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

50th Anniversary of the April 3-4, 1974 Super Outbreak

Reaction score
Guin and Yampertown pics. Ground scouring is visible in some and in one you can a mangled trailer wrapped around a tree/low hanging object of some kind:

41.jpg42.jpg43.jpg44.jpg45.jpg

A Guy

Reaction score
Has this photo ever been verified? I don't recall the Tanner tornadoes going towards Decatur; I do know Guin went through it and dissipated near it, Huntsville formed not that far from the dissipation point of Guin, so maybe it's one of those two?
I’m from Tanner originally, and I think those photos may be from around the Hazel Green area. The caption mentions Greenville Pike and that’s in Madison county I could be totally wrong, though.
I actually didn't see the original FB post on this photo because the link came up as 'post removed' - turns out all I needed to do was click it! Being that it originally came from a post of 'clippings' by Mike Wilhelm five years ago, the only way I see it not being genuine is if someone gave a random picture of another tornado to one of the local newspapers.

Last edited:
Logo 468x120
Back