• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2023 Political Thread

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I was all for Desantis until all the indictment on trump crap, all this does is open the door for more political crap shows. The democratic party has a good many former candidates who have broken the law or done something wrong from the likes of Hillary Clinton all the way to John Kerry the climate czar.

To be quite frank I wish EVERYBODY on both sides would be held accountable with a fair trial. No politicians should hold more leniency for crimes they commit that would incarcerate a normal citizen for years.

Politics are just crap shows lol

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Now I'm all for trump, I wish he can vindicate himself, all bragg has done has lit a fire under his base more than it already was and lit a fire for moderates who see where politics is going im afraid. From day one all the media has done is bash and bash and bash his name and his reputation he's a fighter, sure he isn't always right and says a LOT of rude things but I don't think there no doubt he cares for this country.

Lol just my two cents.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Meanwhile with all of this trump stuff, a 500 page opposition research memo was realeased on Desantis. Guess we know we're the talking points will come from for Desantis in the future

And while that's going on the current president of the United states is having his bank records from wells Fargo and two other major banks being subpoenaed. With a reported up to 250 suspicious activity flags..oh brother.. with ranking democrats trying to barr the retrieval of bank records from the house oversight committee.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Meanwhile with all of this trump stuff, a 500 page opposition research memo was realeased on Desantis. Guess we know we're the talking points will come from for Desantis in the future

And while that's going on the current president of the United states is having his bank records from wells Fargo and two other major banks being subpoenaed. With a reported up to 250 suspicious activity flags..oh brother.. with ranking democrats trying to barr the retrieval of bank records from the house oversight committee.
Not sure why Trump being indicted made you decide to dump Desantis and go with Trump. But regardless, I think a lot of people are done with the experiment called Trump and all of the drama to go along with it. I do not think he should have been indicted. I do not think he should have been headline news for the past two years, and I think the only reason any of this occurred is that the Democrats do not want to face him in 2024, and Bragg was all too happy to be the scapegoat and get his name in the news.

Whoever becomes the Republican Nominee, if Joe Biden does continue to run, I do not think that Joe will win again. He has done too many things as president and let too many things slip through the cracks. He is also allowing the fed chair to basically kill the economy, which will hurt many more people than just trying to stifle the inflation rate. It is the 1970s all over again with the democrats. Plus he should have never been able to run for president. His ties to Ukraine and China are very concerning. I do not believe the Ukraine war would have started under any other president. The military-industrial complex is the winner here while people are dying.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Not sure why Trump being indicted made you decide to dump Desantis and go with Trump. But regardless, I think a lot of people are done with the experiment called Trump and all of the drama to go along with it. I do not think he should have been indicted. I do not think he should have been headline news for the past two years, and I think the only reason any of this occurred is that the Democrats do not want to face him in 2024, and Bragg was all too happy to be the scapegoat and get his name in the news.

Whoever becomes the Republican Nominee, if Joe Biden does continue to run, I do not think that Joe will win again. He has done too many things as president and let too many things slip through the cracks. He is also allowing the fed chair to basically kill the economy, which will hurt many more people than just trying to stifle the inflation rate. It is the 1970s all over again with the democrats. Plus he should have never been able to run for president. His ties to Ukraine and China are very concerning. I do not believe the Ukraine war would have started under any other president. The military-industrial complex is the winner here while people are dying.
Dumped Desantis for now because of how trump is treated, I'll probably end up picking back up on Desantis eventually but how trump is getting treated right now should scare people. This is probably the weakest case against trump, the Georgia voting thing is a lot more significant in my opionon than relying on a convicted liars testimony. If there's good evidence to trump doing wrong he should do the time... But so should all the other past candidates and potential candidates. This sets a dangerous precedent.

Haven't really read up or know much about the 1970s I remember Reagan came in the early 1980s and won by a complete landslide

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Dumped Desantis for now because of how trump is treated, I'll probably end up picking back up on Desantis eventually but how trump is getting treated right now should scare people. This is probably the weakest case against trump, the Georgia voting thing is a lot more significant in my opionon than relying on a convicted liars testimony. If there's good evidence to trump doing wrong he should do the time... But so should all the other past candidates and potential candidates. This sets a dangerous precedent.
I think the meme of Former President Clinton said it all.

Attachments

• Fs03w3jWcAIJ6N0.png
    Fs03w3jWcAIJ6N0.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 0

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I think the meme of Former President Clinton said it all.
That's actually hilarious! Haha.

What worries me is free speech being stomped out and the continual gun grabs. If you don't have those, than who can protest a corrupt government. I think there is a major culture war happening or either starting as well. as a lot of conservatives have gotten fed up.

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
I agree. Free speech has been trampled on for some time. But it is being expanded upon, and every court ruling, every social media campaign against dissenters to an ideal, every news speech that tries to quelch an idea because it goes against their agenda, tramples on the free speech of many. They are working behind the scenes to use courts and law to keep people silent.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I agree. Free speech has been trampled on for some time. But it is being expanded upon, and every court ruling, every social media campaign against dissenters to an ideal, every news speech that tries to quelch an idea because it goes against their agenda, tramples on the free speech of many. They are working behind the scenes to use courts and law to keep people silent.
No doubt, I had to tell me wife to look at more than one source of birth fatalities statistics because she was so upset when I came home one day because we are planning on having a child and i told her to look up all the data you can so we can be prepared for all possibilities. And she got stuck on the CDC website which they labeled as a 1 in 10 chance of the mother dieing during birth (which it is extremely lower than that) and then I had to look and read that on there own disclaimer is said these statistics may not be up to accuracy standards or something which I was appalled at because that can easily push a agenda if you don't have somebody read the whole thing and see that. And so we looked up more statistics and it was way less. It's easy to push agendas when you are the only voice. And that's why I think more media and journalist that don't nescarilly align with party go and discover and study facts now days. Instead of right wing left wing political narratives.

Going to try and find the picture of the statement on the CDC pregnancy page

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Some of the statistics here were very misleading and it says in there statement on there to the accuracy. So why publish it.

Screenshot_2023-04-08-09-42-47-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgScreenshot_2023-04-08-09-42-40-73_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Here's another discrepancy look at the significant difference it's aggravating. Although that is the difference between the world supposedly and United states but a total of what 800 deaths from maternal causes in the United states is incredibly low way lower than the CDCs on table.
Screenshot_2023-04-08-09-46-47-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
That is insanity. To many agendas are being pushed instead of truth.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
That is insanity. To many agendas are being pushed instead of truth.
Maybe some of it's in my head but the data and the percentages they put up just didn't match it's easy to not understand and get upset. My wife though it was like a 16% chance of her dying during birth because that was her own category and I was like no that makes no sense do you know of anybody or heard of anybody dying from child birth. It's extremely extremely rare. But I wanted her to understand there are risks with pregnancy.

I'm always willing to reevaluate wether I jump to conclusions but I felt like the CDCs website was a bit misleading or I maybe didn't read it fully.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Lol that's enough of my tangent. I may not be a 100% accurate on some of the birth stuff but I feel they could make it a bit easier to understand.

I always feel independent researchers /journalists and investigators are needed. In case corruption seeps in into those organizations so that there is not just one source.

maroonedinhsv

Reaction score
Maybe some of it's in my head but the data and the percentages they put up just didn't match it's easy to not understand and get upset. My wife though it was like a 16% chance of her dying during birth because that was her own category and I was like no that makes no sense do you know of anybody or heard of anybody dying from child birth. It's extremely extremely rare. But I wanted her to understand there are risks with pregnancy.

I'm always willing to reevaluate wether I jump to conclusions but I felt like the CDCs website was a bit misleading or I maybe didn't read it fully.
Those aren’t percentages. It says it right in the table and the included footnote.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Just a hypothetical, but if trump gets put in prison, do y'all think he would endorse Desantis? Or is there too much bitterness. I love the tactic of Desantis on not responding that's what makes bullies mad. Makes me like Desantis more and more when he puts in the work and let's it do the talk rather than his words. Trump likes to be a bully in his name calling and he cant seem to get a grip on Desantis like he would with others lol. Trump seems so bitter to Desantis which makes me think he's climbing a uphill battle to reach Desantis but then again the polls say different. I'm really not sure how the heck the Florida polls have trump higher than Desantis. because Desantis support even from democrats and moderates where pretty astounding in the last election cycle, and I'm not sure if trump could really get that.

One thing I have a question with is if Desantis can really make himself into more of a icon. I think Desantis has that "dog" in him like trump but he's either being held back or really doesn't have it.

I'm really intrigued I'd like to see answers from both sides.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
A projected polling, I think nationally for sure Desantis would get more support from moderates and Republicans in general. I'm wondering if trumps loyal base would go to Desantis though if he was prisoned or continue support. I think for them they're best hope would be jump ship and hope for a Desantis pardon on trump lol. Not sure how those work though.

My question is... Is how far does the trump base stay until it's jump ship time lol. Because I see a lot of bitterness and stupidity from the extreme part of his base towards Desantis and his base

Screenshot_2023-04-11-16-18-46-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
If we end up having Trump vs Biden the Rematch in 2024 (dear God please no).. you better pay close attention to who the VP running mates are because there's a good likelihood that person will be the POTUS before the term is over

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
If we end up having Trump vs Biden the Rematch in 2024 (dear God please no).. you better pay close attention to who the VP running mates are because there's a good likelihood that person will be the POTUS before the term is over
It'll be a absolute crap show lol.

Dump both and get somebody new in there lol. Seems like Gavin newsome is trying to gear up either for vp or president as well. Who knows maybe a Desantis vs newsom. They're both running on short time though lol

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Some of the FBI whistleblower stuff at the hearing today was jarring. If they're were indeed assets in the January 6th was ray Epps one of them did some of the assets instigate and open the way and rally? The hearing opened a can of worms with that one. Dark days are apon us.

After reading the Durham report I'm actually floored at the lengths that the government went too. With one head, I think his name was Peter saying he would not allow trump to win the 2016 election.

So much fishy stuff. Usually when it stinks something is rotten. God bless the whistleblowers. I don't know where america is heading. Been a lot to follow here recently but makes things more disheartening when I wish I could trust the government.

Logo 468x120
Back