• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

2023 Political Thread

ghost

PerryW Project Supporter
Reaction score
Trump indicted for the 2nd time in 3 months for Federal crimes

Jacob

Reaction score
If you are a Republican planning to vote for Trump in the primary, please consider doing the following:

Slowly extend your arm to full length and make a fist. Now turn your arm around and then punch yourself squarely in the face.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
If you are a Republican planning to vote for Trump in the primary, please consider doing the following:

Slowly extend your arm to full length and make a fist. Now turn your arm around and then punch yourself squarely in the face.
Aye aye captain will do!

Jacob

Reaction score
Aye aye captain will do!

It was meant to be more humorous than serious, not sure it came across like that.

I’ve defended Trump in the past, albeit mostly using the “lesser of the evils” defense, but I’m so sick of him being the Republican front runner. I think this latest indictment against him is a joke, but regardless the Republican Party needs to move on from him. Will be giving away the house, losing worse in the Senate, and losing the presidency again if he’s nominated as the Republican candidate.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
It was meant to be more humorous than serious, not sure it came across like that.

I’ve defended Trump in the past, albeit mostly using the “lesser of the evils” defense, but I’m so sick of him being the Republican front runner. I think this latest indictment against him is a joke, but regardless the Republican Party needs to move on from him. Will be giving away the house, losing worse in the Senate, and losing the presidency again if he’s nominated as the Republican candidate.
Lol I was joking too, I don't think the never Trumpers understand this political persecution will be turned on republican frontrunners moving forward this won't end with trump. This is not good for America in general what is happening.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Lol I was joking too, I don't think the never Trumpers understand this political persecution will be turned on republican frontrunners moving forward this won't end with trump. This is not good for America in general what is happening.
You literally have no choice though whoever is the frontrunner wether vivik,Desantis or trump. Whoever wins the primary you have no choice but to vote for them if your a republican lol. The political spectrum on the left is so far left now, that RFK looks like a republican it's almost unthinkable if you are conservative to vote for the left political spectrum lol. Just my take

Jacob

Reaction score

My not wanting Trump has nothing to do with the indictments. I agree the left’s weaponization of the DOJ and going after Trump is despicable.

Jacob

Reaction score
You literally have no choice though whoever is the frontrunner wether vivik,Desantis or trump. Whoever wins the primary you have no choice but to vote for them if your a republican lol. The political spectrum on the left is so far left now, that RFK looks like a republican it's almost unthinkable if you are conservative to vote for the left political spectrum lol. Just my take

This is irrelevant to my point though. I voted for Trump in 20 and will begrudgingly do it again in 24 if he’s the nominee, but it’ll be a disaster of an election again if he is the nominee.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
My not wanting Trump has nothing to do with the indictments. I agree the left’s weaponization of the DOJ and going after Trump is despicable.
It should appall you then as a republican leaning voter I assume? That democrats are willing to go these links against there opposing party's frontrunner.

I've told my friends. There's a cultural revolution going on and democrats are wielding the mantle of legality and superiority with it. Republicans will be smeared with anything democrats disagree with. Common sense and factual evidence is dying.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
This is irrelevant to my point though. I voted for Trump in 20 and will begrudgingly do it again in 24 if he’s the nominee, but it’ll be a disaster of an election again if he is the nominee.
Btw if I'm coming off as rude my apologies not trying to lol, sometimes I don't look at my typing and understand that I can come off a different way lol

Jacob

Reaction score
It should appall you then as a republican leaning voter I assume? That democrats are willing to go these links against there opposing party's frontrunner.

I've told my friends. There's a cultural revolution going on and democrats are wielding the mantle of legality and superiority with it. Republicans will be smeared with anything democrats disagree with. Common sense and factual evidence is dying.

It does make me sick to see what the left is doing with applying unequal political justice. It’s disgusting.

However if I already think candidate A is a disaster and a complete liability for the party, and I think candidate B is a much better candidate and much more electable, I’m not going to suddenly be more open to candidate A just because he’s being treated unfairly. I’m going to lean harder into candidate B because he’d give us a better chance to fix/fight the problem

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
It does make me sick to see what the left is doing with applying unequal political justice. It’s disgusting.

However if I already think candidate A is a disaster and a complete liability for the party, and I think candidate B is a much better candidate and much more electable, I’m not going to suddenly be more open to candidate A just because he’s being treated unfairly. I’m going to lean harder into candidate B because he’d give us a better chance to fix/fight the problem
I see your point, truthfully, I plan on voting for Desantis he has a proven track record of getting stuff done. But it really just comes down to what's happening, if Desantis leads and trump does not concede that would be the worst outcome.

But as a person who likes a underdog story and a comeback. I would love to see trump vindicated. It's kindve a push and pull at this point. I think trump being jailed would greatly boost Desantis. Especially if he agrees to pardon trump.

It's a very complicated time in American history right now sadly.

Jacob

Reaction score
Also, to clarify, I think the latest indictment of Trump is likely legit legally. Me calling it a joke was in respect to how other political leaders are/have been treated.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
I'm not a Pelosi fan (at all). I'm also not a Trump fan (at all). I don't see anything wrong with the tweet.

I have never voted for Trump, and I will never vote for Trump. He's bad for the country and he's bad for the Republican party.
The tweet, I was trying to point out how she says prove your innocence. It's supposed to be the opposite in America you prove your guilty.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
What does this mean? Legit trying to figure out? Seeing a lot on twitter makes me uneasy that something stupid is going to happen when trump goes to court.

Jacob

Reaction score
Is that tweet English?

The more I read about this latest indictment, the more I feel the following: Trump was likely targeted in this whole deal, but in typical Trump fashion he stepped on his dick multiple times and basically gave them a good case against him.

In other words, all his bravado may have finally got him in real trouble.

UncleJuJu98

100,000th Post
Reaction score
Is that tweet English?

The more I read about this latest indictment, the more I feel the following: Trump was likely targeted in this whole deal, but in typical Trump fashion he stepped on his dick multiple times and basically gave them a good case against him.

In other words, all his bravado may have finally got him in real trouble.
It's confusing. It's some code for something I don't know what though. Maybe some military shorthand? I'll try and see if I can figure it out and research each phrase later.

Back