• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER

X.com and Twitter.com Previews

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Wes and I wanted to let you know we are aware of the issue and are looking into it. I have found an issue with metatags and the preview links from x.com and twitter.com being different. We will let you know when we find a fix for the issue. Elon could snap his fingers and make this all disappear, but I doubt that will happen.

We want our Twitter name back.

-Jay

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Good morning everyone. We will have a short outage tonight for 1 hour starting at 9:00pm central to fix the X, the service formally known as Twitter, issue.
the revolution letâs go crazy GIF by Prince

I will also take the opportunity to perform maintenance scheduled for the New Year.

Status updates will be posted at https://status.talkweather.com/

Last edited:
  • Admin

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
Thank you @WesL You are the man.

• Admin

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS

• Admin

JayF

Technical Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Technical Admin
Reaction score
HAM Callsign
KB4JCS
It seems to be working for me. That was an x.com link.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Interestingly on my work phone (Kyocera DuraXV Extreme trying this with both Brave 1.0.77 and the default browser) Twitter/X previews stopped working after the upgrade. Worked fine on my desktop beforehand and still works fine on it now.

With that said, I'm not angry at anyone for that and TBH didn't think it was even worth complaining about since I don't waste my time with Twitter regardless, but I did think that twist was rather ironic.

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Interestingly on my work phone (Kyocera DuraXV Extreme trying this with both Brave 1.0.77 and the default browser) Twitter/X previews stopped working after the upgrade. Worked fine on my desktop beforehand and still works fine on it now.

With that said, I'm not angry at anyone for that and TBH didn't think it was even worth complaining about since I don't waste my time with Twitter regardless, but I did think that twist was rather ironic.
That is odd... let me check with the support team for the software and see if we can correct that.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
That is odd... let me check with the support team for the software and see if we can correct that.
Actually started working again as of this morning, but only with certain posts. Odd for sure, but perhaps I'm partly to blame due to me making this phone do things it wasn't really desinged to do. Thanks for looking into the issue, though!

JBishopwx

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
I'm not sure if this is just an X issue or a TW issue, but in the last few tweets I posted, it says the tweet is unavailable when it is when you click on it.

Back