• Welcome to TalkWeather!
    We see you lurking around TalkWeather! Take the extra step and join us today to view attachments, see less ads and maybe even join the discussion.
    CLICK TO JOIN TALKWEATHER
Logo 468x120

Merry Christmas to You and Yours

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Season 3 Santa GIF by Pee-wee Herman

TalkWeather members,

Season’s greetings! As we deck the halls and prepare for Santa, we just wanted to shout out a big Merry Christmas to all of you and your families!
What a year it’s been at TalkWeather.com, right? From storm chases to sunny days, your posts and extraordinary weather wisdom have been the highlight of our year. You guys are the real MVPs, making our forum the incredible place it is – full of fun, facts, and friendship. Your passion for all things weather has made our community informative, super welcoming, and lively. We’re super thankful for every forecast shared, every question asked, and all the laughs along the way.

So, as we wrap up this year and dive into the holiday treats, we want to say thanks for being the heart and soul of TalkWeather. Here’s to more wild weather and great times in the coming year. Have a fantastic Christmas and an epic New Year!

Wes

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Wishing a Merry Christmas to the entire TalkWeather family. Also wish I had something more special to share, but here's my unfinished map of every US state, Canadian province and other country's strongest tornadoes.

And hats off to all the forecasters and mets at the SPC and beyond who couldn't take the day off to spend Christmas with their families...

Attachments

• unfinishedmap2.jpg
    unfinishedmap2.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 0

JPWX

Reaction score
Wishing a Merry Christmas to the entire TalkWeather family. Also wish I had something more special to share, but here's my unfinished map of every US state, Canadian province and other country's strongest tornadoes.

And hats off to all the forecasters and mets at the SPC and beyond who couldn't take the day off to spend Christmas with their families...
Dude! I love it! Can't wait to see this when it's all finished. That would be very useful for me and my research when I get around to doing more with severe weather/tornado data.

• Admin

WesL

"Bill, I'm talkin' imminent rueage"
Staff member
Administrator
Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Merry Christmas @WesL !! Thank you for keeping this special place going! And Merry Christmas TalkWeather!!
Thank you @MichelleH! I just push buttons, y'all are the ones that keep it going.

That is a great callout! NWS and their teams are always on guard. I hope they have the best Christmas ever.

Oh by the way... thanks for the sneak peek of your map! That is pretty fantastic and kudos for the research behind that.

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Dude! I love it! Can't wait to see this when it's all finished. That would be very useful for me and my research when I get around to doing more with severe weather/tornado data.
If you'd like, I'm happy to PM you everything I have so far. Map file plus a text document with brief summaries for each country. Since this has been mostly a one-man project from the get-go, some help is always welcome lol

Thank you @MichelleH! I just push buttons, y'all are the ones that keep it going.

That is a great callout! NWS and their teams are always on guard. I hope they have the best Christmas ever.

Oh by the way... thanks for the sneak peek of your map! That is pretty fantastic and kudos for the research behind that.
Hope so too, and many thanks! Just finished Central and South America not too long ago. Africa has been by far the hardest to fill out due to there being not much in the way of tornado documentation outside of South Africa and the extreme northern edge of the continent.

JPWX

Reaction score
If you'd like, I'm happy to PM you everything I have so far. Map file plus a text document with brief summaries for each country. Since this has been mostly a one-man project from the get-go, some help is always welcome lol

Hope so too, and many thanks! Just finished Central and South America not too long ago. Africa has been by far the hardest to fill out due to there being not much in the way of tornado documentation outside of South Africa and the extreme northern edge of the continent.
I would love that!

bjdeming

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Just rain down here in Oregon's big valley, but the snowfall here on the board is beautiful -- thank you, and best holiday wishes to all!

TH2002

Sustaining Member
Reaction score
Special Affiliations
  1. SKYWARN® Volunteer
Hope everyone had a peaceful Christmas dinner last night. My mom and grandpa continued their going-on 50 year tradition of getting into a huge argument in which a few choice words were said...

MichelleH

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a peaceful Christmas dinner last night. My mom and grandpa continued their going-on 50 year tradition of getting into a huge argument in which a few choice words were said...

I'm so sorry. I've spent most of my life with nerve-wracking Christmases. But this year was the least stressful Christmas my son and I have ever had. Hoping you have a peaceful Christmas next year and for years to come and a wonderful New Year.

Back